Half of me shall go!

Powerkiter

Yup, thats one half of me, a hell of a lot but its gone, bye bye, vamoosh, ta-ra, :D

Well i need to lose about 150lb, i am currently about 300! Hence the half of me line! Its one tall order for sure, and yes like many of us i have tried dozens of times before to no avial.

So whys today different? Well it feels different, i never felt so sure i can do it before i dont think. So here we go....

I tried several diets before, predominately VLCDs like Lighterlife and Cambridge and yes for me they worked really well, but that was then, this is now and i dont feel i can handle a long term VLCD anymore. I also love the idea and success stories of Atkins but with caveats, namely i have very fussy habits (understatement) and most atkins recipes i wouldn't touch. I have found confidence and solice in an online book for geeks called the "Hackers Diet" it seems to make so much sense.

SO, my DIY plan is thus a kind of combo of many ideas and diets!

-Weeks 1-2: Full hardcore VLCD (optifast) to get a "jumpstart" and frankly that initial boost of confidence when it falls off.

-Weeks 3-4: Semi-VLCD (optifast) with added protein meals and extra calories. And starting a training regime with a fitness freak friend. /gulp

-Weeks 4+: A DIY home made, calorie counting Lo-Carb Diet following *almost* atkins but with some mods. And continuing the training.

-Week 25: Compete in a 12km Cross-Country army assault course event in mid-winter! (yup i signed up, its not for the faint hearted but it gives me a GOAL and motivation to stay on track!)

Forgot this is meant to be an Introduction! haha Well i am Martin and i live down under in NZ and i should point out i am a MALE ;) as i guess the forums are probably mainly the ladies :D

So here goes, could use some support along the way folks, i should go start a diary or blog eh...

Last edited:
Good Luck martin! Im sure you will reach it in no time. Im in the same boat as you, i sometimes feel its impossible to lose so much but stay positive and ull get there! i joined slimming world 3 weeks ago and so far lost one and half stone which im so pleased at. i set smaller goals like to a stone which i know i can reach then get to the next stone. i think exercise is a big thing and even if u do it little and often u will see the difference. If you ever need anything though dont hesitate to ask. This site has done so much for me. it gives u that little extra that you sometimes cant find anywhere else with people going through the same things. Good Luck :D x

Good luck Martin. I'm sure having a goal will help. I'm doing slimming world plan and doing a weight lifting programme to strengthen and tone. Just keep trying and I'm here too hanging on in there with you.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Martin nice to see you on here . Sounds like you have a plan . The exercise buddy will help . I know I have one too . It's a great way to stay motivated . NZ hey . Lucky you :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back