Half syn cake

Ria2011

image-3125938145.jpg

I did do this , but made mine into a swiss roll, it was yummy and everyone else enjoyed it too.
Jane

I love this cake !! So nice to have it with a cup of coffee and not feel guilty. It definitely satisifies my sweet tooth! I usually make mine into a swiss roll too, it's delish. I leave out the baking powder as I don't think it makes much of a difference, and that makes it syn free :D mmmm might make one later!!

Half Syn Cake

Ingredients:
100g quark
4 eggs
5 tablespoons granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder (0.5 syns) - you can leave this out to make it syn free !

2 x 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
200g fat free fromage frais
fruit of your choice, I use strawberries

Method:

1. Separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff
  2. In another bowl, mix the yolks, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, baking powder, quark and 4 tablespoons of the sweetener
  3. Whisk half of the egg whites into the yolks mixture, then carefully fold in the rest
  4. Pour mixture into a tray lined with baking paper. Bake in a pre-heated 180C oven for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked
  5. Mix the fromage frais, 1 tablespoon sweetener and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  6. Spread the fromage frais mixture over the cooled cake and top with fruit
  7. Roll up and serve

It's a totally different texture than cake but you still get the sweetness. I love it, it definitely looks the part when you make it, my boyfriend doesn't like it at all, I think he was expecting a swiss roll texture and he didn't get it! More for me :D

Made this for the first time today and it actually turned out ok :D my OH an DIL said it tasted abit like pancakes. I loved it, have saved some for tmr for my mum to try, will definitely be making this again

Ime going to do this again and use the syn free lemon curd init, cant wait to try it this way

Jane

Jane iPhone using MiniMins

subbing so i can make this x

I'm definitely going to try this tonight, what other fillings would you guys like instead of just the basic strawberry?

Half Syn Cake

Ingredients:
100g quark
4 eggs
5 tablespoons granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder (0.5 syns) - you can leave this out to make it syn free !

2 x 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
200g fat free fromage frais
fruit of your choice, I use strawberries

Method:

1. Separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff
  2. In another bowl, mix the yolks, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, baking powder, quark and 4 tablespoons of the sweetener
  3. Whisk half of the egg whites into the yolks mixture, then carefully fold in the rest
  4. Pour mixture into a tray lined with baking paper. Bake in a pre-heated 180C oven for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked
  5. Mix the fromage frais, 1 tablespoon sweetener and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  6. Spread the fromage frais mixture over the cooled cake and top with fruit
  7. Roll up and serve
Ha ha ha just scrolled down to see the recipe here after turning my iPad from side to side to read it with your pics in the first quote lol

My consultant made this for a taster night, was lovely. X

I must try this, love cake

Back