Puddings Half Syn Roulade

sarah83

Try and try again
OMG I think I'm in heaven!! Just made the half syn roulade off here and I have finally discovered the reason that Quark was put on earth!!! lol :8855:

I just made mine plain but will be making (again and again) with strawberries and raspberries I think.
Top tip though - make sure you use greaseproof paper. I didn't as my swiss roll tin is really non-stick but yes it stuck. Still delish though!

Here's the recipe for those of you who haven't seen it:

FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

a lady from my group made this roulade and fetched it in it was gorgeous.

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY.

ENJOY

I agree completely it is the greatest sw dessert ever. I have one on the go at present made with options white chocolate mixed with quark cream in the middle and frozen fruit of forest fruits (cherries, blackberries, blackcurrants and grapes) it is heaven.

Mmmm I had a sachet of white choc options which I was going to mix with the quark if it was horrible but found it quite tasty with just splenda and vanilla extract!
I'm going to try a choc orange options in the 'cream' and orange zest in the cake next time (hubby's suggestion shock horror!!)

Hi all

Here's my version of the SW Chocolate Roulade (you can find it in on the SW website, members section, receipe archive). I make this at least twice a week for myself and OH. 2 sins a slice but so worth it!!!

Enjoy

JAM

CHOCOLATE & RASPBERRY (OR STRAWBERRY) ROULADE
Serves: 6

Syns per serving:
2 Syns on Extra Easy, Green and Original
Preparation/cooking time:
approx. 25 minutes

Ingredients

3 eggs
2 level tbsps artificial sweetener (I only use one)
28g/1oz wholemeal self-raising flour
2 sachets Cadbury Chocolate Highlights Drink (I use the dark chocolate one)
1 level tsp baking powder
Punnet of Raspberries or Strawberries
142g/5oz very low fat natural fromage frais (from Sainsburys)
1 level tsp cocoa

Method

1. Whisk the eggs and artificial sweetener until thick and creamy, then carefully fold in the flour, Chocolate Highlight's sachets and baking powder with a metal spoon.
2. Line a Swiss roll tin with non-stick baking parchment. Spoon the cake mixture into the lined tin and cook in a preheated oven at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 for 8-10 minutes.
3. Turn the sponge out onto a sheet of greaseproof paper. Peel away the lining paper and trim the edges of the sponge, then cover with a clean, damp tea towel (or damp kitchen roll) and leave to cool.
4. Spread the fromage frais over the cooled chocolate sponge. Top with the raspberries or sliced strawberries. Roll up carefully and then dust with cocoa. Serve cut into slices with extra raspberries or strawberries on the side.

Yummy thanks JAM21, that sounds really good. I think I'll have to try that!

I made this tonight and its lovely, has gone down a treat!!

I even took a photo....

I put Strawberries and banana in mine.

Attachments

• GetAttachment[1].jpg
    GetAttachment[1].jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5,038
Can't wait to make this, sounds lovely. What is a swiss roll tin though and would I be able to make it in any other type of tin? x

A swiss roll tin is basically a deeper baking tray so any rectangular tray would be ok

Has anyone tried freezing half syn fruit roulade? I'm wondering if it would be like an artic roll if frozen, or if it would just crumble?

~Laura~ said:
Omg this sounds lovely

But what's quark and where do I find it? Also anyone know how many calories it is?

Quark is super low fat soft cheese. It'll be on the cheese aisle. Not sure of calories but it's free on all plans.

Back