Total Solution half way through...need to crack on!!!!

Back from a late shift, another day 100%, tired but feeling really good. Being half way and only having 2st13lb left to lose has made a big difference to my mental attitude for some reason. Only 12 weeks ago i had 6 stone to lose and it seemed almost impossible....i know that before i know it i will be at goal!

I like your thinking. Count down how much you have to go instead of counting up how much you have lost. I have a page on my fridge that has my weight loss broken down into little chunks (lose 5lb, 10lbs, a stone etc) and a 'before' photo. My OH took another picture once I'd lost a stone and I plan to take one for every stone I lose. I realised today that I'm a third of the way down my targets! Still got alot to lose but knowing that others have done it so I can too helps.

Keep up the good work Emma!

I like your thinking. Count down how much you have to go instead of counting up how much you have lost. I have a page on my fridge that has my weight loss broken down into little chunks (lose 5lb, 10lbs, a stone etc) and a 'before' photo. My OH took another picture once I'd lost a stone and I plan to take one for every stone I lose. I realised today that I'm a third of the way down my targets! Still got alot to lose but knowing that others have done it so I can too helps.

Keep up the good work Emma!

Thanks hun, glad you've found me on here. I love a star chart (im a bit of a kid really)

So yesterday had another late shift - everyone was eating pizza and sweets at work but i stayed strong despite free freddo frogs being handed out!

Today hasnt been quite as good.... Been feeling really tired, cold and fed up and had a meal. I havent gone crazy too much and am back on it. I think maybe for me a meal maybe once a week is the way to go... seems to be working so far.

Ive had lots of compliments yesterday and today about my weight loss, people really seem to be noticing it. It annoys me a bit the way people always try and tell you how dangerous this diet is / how you will put all the weight back on / that you must be starving all the time etc etc blah blah blah!

When ive explained im only half way through and have another 3 stone to lose to be a healthy weight, people seem horified and try persuade me not to lose so much. I think that almost some people feel threatened by me losing weight for some bizarre reason... as if me being fat makes them feel better about themselves!

Anyway onwards and downwards!

so as i said yesterday I was a bit naughty... then today i was good all day and was naughty again. ended up going to nandos! I just get so cross with myself and feel that I am letting myself down.

I have been feeling down the last few days and dont know if I have eaten because i feel down or if i feel down because i have eaten...maybe its a bit of both. Just have a lot on my mind at the moment. I just want to stick to it and get this weight gone....why do i keep sabotaging myself???

I think as well I am struggling a bit as when I look in the mirror i dont look any different to me. I can see on my face it is a bit thinner but everywhere else looks exactly the same. Is anyone like this?

I am just so tired at the moment. housework + 1yr old + 3yd old + job = tired me! I seem to struggle more when im tired. I cant sleep despite the fact I have to get up in 5 hours to go to work.....

anyway sorry for moaning and being a misery, will give myself a good talking to tomorrow and get back in a positive frame of mind.

ginger&proud said:
so as i said yesterday I was a bit naughty... then today i was good all day and was naughty again. ended up going to nandos! I just get so cross with myself and feel that I am letting myself down.

I have been feeling down the last few days and dont know if I have eaten because i feel down or if i feel down because i have eaten...maybe its a bit of both. Just have a lot on my mind at the moment. I just want to stick to it and get this weight gone....why do i keep sabotaging myself???

I think as well I am struggling a bit as when I look in the mirror i dont look any different to me. I can see on my face it is a bit thinner but everywhere else looks exactly the same. Is anyone like this?

I am just so tired at the moment. housework + 1yr old + 3yd old + job = tired me! I seem to struggle more when im tired. I cant sleep despite the fact I have to get up in 5 hours to go to work.....

anyway sorry for moaning and being a misery, will give myself a good talking to tomorrow and get back in a positive frame of mind.

Morning, I think we all feel the same at some point but the support on here and a good talking to yourself helps x hope you feel better in yourself and just remember how well you have done x

hey hun thought I would have a gander at your diary as you have been nice enough to comment on mine :D You are doing great , i think manybe this cold weather makes it much harder .. i so want to eat nice hot stodgy things when its cold ..... although I have soups rather than shakes which I find really helps !!
I am sure you can get back to 100 % , as you know i have been struggling to get back on track since tuesday , but managed 100 % yesterday ( I had 4 packs which I often do ) and so far so good today too ( again 4 packs but still it doenst do any damage :D )

I can totally relate to what you say about not seeing the weight loss .... i am much more critical of myself and dont feel any smaller .. and thats after 8 stone loss ..... although sometimes I catch myself unaware .. like seeing my reflection in a shop window and doing a double take ... or seeing a photo that I cannot believe is me ... it does take a while for your mind to catch up with your body .. but it will and soon you will not be able to stop looking at that gorgeous lady in the mirror :D

ahh thanks ladies - i do love the support on here, it really does help. losing 3 stone so quick has just taken me by surprise really and made me start looking at other areas of my life.... it all just got on top of me (which is unusual for me).

decided rather than struggle and then feel the guilt i would choose to have today off. Havent gone too mad but have enjoyed myself and just had a day of not thinking about it (if this makes any sense)

feeling much better after giving myself a good talking to and i was going to have the whole weekend off but am actually gonna get back on it tomorrow. hopefully the fact i can make a sensible decision like this means i am heading in the right direction with regards to sorting my relationship with food....finger crossed!

so the other stuff i have had on my mind 1. should we have a 3rd baby??? 2. should i pack my job in and follow my dream to be a midwife??? 3. can i somehow do both??? so lots to think about.........

hoping everyone is having a good weekend, heres to a better, happier, more relaxed week next week xx

Hi Emma how are you doing? Have you decided what to do yet?
Follow your dream and become a midwife, and if you fall preggers during your training then you will manage I'm sure. Get your application in, I don't know what it's like where you are but I know the training spaces are pretty limited round here.
Good luck with whatever you decide xx

Hi!
I start Exante tomorrow, & Im so apprehensive about it, as I want to lose 5 & 1/2st so badly, that I'm really scared I'll fail. Maybe that doesn't make much sense, but Iv gotta say, reading ur diary is so uplifting! Ur reasons for wanting this are much the same as mine, & I'm so so happy 4 u that ur half way thru ur journey. How long have u been doing the diet to get this far?
Good luck to you Hun. I'll b reading ur posts 2 put a smile on my face & give me the extra motivation I need to succeed!
PS. I LOVE your daughters name!! Adorable!

So I never really got to grips with this diary but am back and still trying!

I have been messing about the last 2 months if I'm honest. Ive put on half a stone which i dont think is too bad as I know I will have this gone in a week.

I decided to stop exante as I was losing quite a bit of hair (really this was just an excuse). But since starting back on food and taking loads of vitamins etc my hair is still coming out. Now wondering if its more to do with recent removal of mirena coil...

Anyway my hair was really thick to begin with, is now thinner. But I want to be thin more than i care about my hair. Christmas is looming and I feel that I am losing control.... I dont want to get sucked into the whole vibe of "its christmas, blow it, eat what you want, start again in january" because for me january never comes, its always one excuse after another and that is how I ended up 6 stones overweight.

So today is day 1 again. So far so good. I know this is a mental battle. My thin voice just needs to win over my fat voice (the one that makes excuses and says in a whiny voice "start tomorrow"). So I have been clothes shopping and bought a nice dress (size 18, propably could have got a 16 but I would always rather something be bigger than tight).

i have come to realise that for me I will always be on some kind of weight loss / management programme. I am just not to be trusted to my own devices when it comes to food.

Anyway onwards and downwards - I will get this 3 stone off and I want it gone in time for my little boys 4th birthday which is April 2nd so I reckon this is realistic.

Back