Halle's weight loss journey (round 2!)

Rider

Banned
OK so here goes again, I am a 23 year old photography graduate, starting Cambridge diet after losing over 3 stone with lighterlife in 2010. over the past few years my weight has crept up and I obviously haven't fully addressed my underlying issues with food, but im in the right frame of mind and raring to give it my all the second time around.
I am applying for English teaching jobs abroad after getting a TESOL qualification last year, preparing to travel the world, explore and teach! I'm looking in Spain and Asia, seeing what comes up but I expect to be ready to go by September, and more than anything I want to be back to my happy healthy 10 stone self (hopefully with a little bit more weight gone!) so i can teach in front of a class and be confident and start my career to the best of my ability.

I cant believe I am back here again, as I started putting weight back on and got into old habits after last time; I always thought I was still skinnier than what I was before - until I got on my CDC's scales on Monday and nearly fell off them (never mind breaking them!) I'm just under 14 stone but I'm 5ft 4 so want to get to between 9 and 10 stone. Based on my previous experience it should just about be achievable!! This time round it will be harder I fear - when i did LL i was newly single and my friends were all coupled off so i just stayed inside like a hermit and got on with my uni work and lighterlifed it to hell. Now I have a new boyfriend, go out more regularly, and have a job where I sit at a desk all day with vending machines all around. But tbh I don't feel like I'm going to fail. I'm so focussed again - I'm back in the zone!

So today I began the packs, started with a maple and pecan porridge which tbh was pretty grim. I'm hoping the taste starts to get normal or better otherwise I think ill have to swear off porridge like I did last time!
Then a choc and orange shake, blended with ice and it was surprisingly delicious! like a frappucino. the LL shakes were bloody horrible!!
Just finished my oriental soup - I thought it would be a winner but I think I'm going to have to avoid soups in future.

Drank nearly 3 litres of water today, and the frequent peeing has begun, in full force!! However its also exciting as I know the process of ketosis is beginning! (should be another 2 days until I'm in ketosis based on last time)

Sounds silly but I feel a bit lighter today already! sure thats my imagination being hopeful though.

Hardest bits of today is when I could smell housemates cooking - I forgot how the smell of food drives me crazy!! But there is no way I'm wavering, I cant afford it for one and for two what's the other choice? give up and get heavier and heavier...? In my mind I feel like I wont fail. But day one so I know I have a way to go yet!

I keep reminding myself that food is only actually needed for energy, it wasn't designed to be a friend or a support, or to even taste good.

But I am through the first day so bring on the ketones!!

If anyone has any tips or anything to help and encourage it would be appreciated :)

xxx

Congratulations on starting CD! Can I ask why you chose CD instead of returning to LL?

When I started I tried all the products, and then retried them. Some products I continued to dislike, but over time I've gotten to like some which were ... iffy. I even eat the porridge. As you know, when you're in ketosis you can get really cold, so the porridge and soups, as well as hot shakes, help with that. My porridge: plain with dash of cinnamon and sometimes 1T of milled flaxseed. Sounds like you're on ss, so you'll have to wait a bit before getting the bars (peanut crunch, chocolate and orange are big favs) and the powder for making mousse out of the shakes.

Keep drinking the water - it really helps keep you full and flush you out. Wonderful stuff! :) And don't give up. There are days that are harder than others, temptations that beckon on all sides, slips and mishaps, social events, etc. Just keep going and if you fall off, get back on immediately. It is well worth it and.... you can't fail if you don't quit! :D

So true!!! Yeah I didn't go back to LL mainly because of the cost, but I also don't think I need to go through the counselling again as I already understand my relationship with food n where I go wrong etc, I like that CD is one on one, will be all the support I need :) and this forum of course. Also people say the packs are nicer on CD and so far they are right! Only had a tetra at work today, I'm absolutely starving! can't wait for ketosis to kick in and to not be hungry.. I'm not gonna cheat but it's so hard! I'm at work today and all I can think about is food. Oh well onwards n downwards I just keep telling myself there's no choice! I can't carry on the way I'm going... Are you doing CD atm? Xx

Well done in restarting! I find my tastes change once you have been on it for a while so don't completely write off soups & porridge - last time I loved the porridge but I'm not convinced as yet this time round!

You are in the thick of the worst bit - tough it out & as you know it gets easier. I am also 5.4 and my first goal is 10 stone as being an oldie - sort of! - I will see how I feel at that weight before deciding whether to go lower.

Good luck in your journey & stay strong.

Hang in there!!! Another day (and loads more water) and you should start to head into ketosis. I think about food a lot - but less than I did when I started. For a while there I was addicted to all the food programs on tv - Jamie, the Hairy Bikers, etc. Working definitely helps as it fills the time and gets you thinking of other things.

I'm doing a mix between ss and ss+ (mostly ss tho'). The mix is due to business lunches/dinners and to my adding an egg or turkey/chicken breast on the days I workout. I've also gone off CD when on vacation, which definitely slowed things down! Ah well, as long as the trend is downward and I feel I can manage the diet, it's all good. :)

Back