Hannah's Weight Loss Journey

Found out on Thursday I might be getting made redundant. More **** news!

But on a plus point, check out the new addition to my signature :D

Greek salad all the way (I've had it nearly every day for lunch!)

Oh no! What is going on this year? Im still up in arms with my job too, thinking the place may shut down! What do you do for a living hun. Is there opportunities around to reach for?

1/2 stone award yaaay...... You are doing great with all this going on in your life at the moment. Well done mate, feeling good about it? You deserve to.

Have a lovely weekend.
xxx

I'm sure another job will come along. Office work in schools, cover, timetable etc quite highly skilled in all areas and quite specific too. At least we should be ok for 6 months if it does happen. Have to make cut backs obviously but I would hope given my track record I'd get a new job no problem. I'd get no pay whatsoever redundancy wise tho cos only been there 8 months.

Last edited:
Feel quite sick this week. Just nerves about redundancy situation. Got a meeting tomorrow to find out what's happening. Cos I've been there under 2 years they can give me 1 week's notice if they want and I'll get no redundancy pay at all.

On a plus point I've got an interview tomorrow. I don't want to do that job whatsoever but haven't really got a choice about what to apply for at the minute! It would mean having to move house too which isn't ideal cos I want to stay close to my parents what with my dad's situation and it would make sense to move an hours drive away if I got it.

Weight loss will be good this week again cos with all the stress it seems to have suppressed my appetite and on top of that my bowels have been playing up a tad (sorry to share!). I'm sure it's both because I feel constantly like my stomach is a washing machine!

Everything I have eaten has been good though. Fruit and lots of veg with meals. Not been synning up but trying to stay in control never the less.

Firstly mate well done on food management. With all thats going on your are really doing well.
I hope they are not as unkind as that to only give you a weeks notice! An hours drive away would be too difficult as a daily commute but totally see what your saying about your parents, how would the move effect the OH commute to work?
I do believe things happen for a reason, we may not always see the good of it to start with but try and stay positive theres a lining in there somewhere. Good luck in the interview although you only half hearted about wanting it, interview experience is always good. Keep your eyes peeled there will be something out there that will suit you situation.
Its their loss if they let you down hun, not yours! Keep positive. big hugs. x

In absolute turmoil. Got made redundant - they'll pay me to the end of the month and I don't have to go back in. How generous. At least tomorrow I get a lie in. Had an interview this morning and I didn't get it. So now officially up sh#t creek without a paddle.

This sat will be my last slimming world I think cos £5 a week will have to go on food or gas or water etc.

Can this year possibly get any worse?! Shouldn't say that cos knowing my luck so far it could well do.

Aww hun. Im sending you a hug.
Your priority at the moment is you and your lovely family. We all need a job to survive and we all know how many people out there not even willing to work. You are, so you will find something because youre not a quitter! The little part of you i've 'met' has shown me that much. Put your efforts into keep on looking around and your spare time getting as much quality time with your parents especially dad and being a rock for mum.
You'll survive this, you have a loving OH who will be seeing that you both get through this together.
As for SW you have got us. :p cheeky to praise ourselves but we are great support for one another, so if one of your aims is to keep on going with this, we will do our best to help you. Especially me!
If other priorities take over cum and find me cos im not going nowhere for a while. Im such a serial dietter ill always be here.
I know what im saying is not enough at the moment as you feel your whole world is caving in, but look for the things to be grateful for and you'll shine through. I promise you, you will.
Hope ur ok love, its made me soo sad reading your post as i can almost hear your emotions. Wish you were closer.
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Awww. Your mums lovely. U won't be fat! You have me ;)

It's my birthday in July (30!) and my mum's offered to buy me a 12 week countdown as an early birthday present so I can carry on going to slimming world :) So at least I won't be unemployed and even fatter!

That's lovely of her, plus it will give you something good to focus on as well as looking for a job and a negatives.xx

Right. Had my lie in. Would normally have left for work at 7am. Today I'm doing a cv for a school temp agency, sorting out some pension stuff and then browsing jobs again. Will go round to my parents for lunch. At least I'll get to spend more time with my dad. Bowels still not right. Could really do with them settling down. Its been a week n a half now! At least I don't feel as sickly so hopefully everything will settle. I'll wait and see. Duno what will happen at weigh in tomorrow. Might have a sneaky hop on scales here. Since I moved them from the en suite to the bathroom I've stopped being a serial weigher.

Thats my girl! Focus on getting things sorted. You will get through. Hopefully ur tum will settle now that your not in limbo with work. Uncertainty is always worse. Sell yourself on the CV "you are what people will want".
Enjoy time with dad while you can.
Up to you if u weigh but dont let it affect your mood if you can. X

It's my birthday in July (30!) and my mum's offered to buy me a 12 week countdown as an early birthday present so I can carry on going to slimming world :) So at least I won't be unemployed and even fatter!

Fab present! :D

Your stomach might not be right due to stress. Although that's not surprising! Hope you have a great loss this week:thumbup:

Stomach isn't churning now - hooray! Hopefully I'll do a normal poo tomorrow!!! Lovely topic!

Went to my mum and dad's for lunch after spending 5 hours or so doing job apps and stuff. She did this soup - can't remember what it was called. It looked absolutely awful but was actually quite nice! It was finely sliced onion and leek (she used the mandolin to get it fine) and she sweated it in a pan. The recipe said sweating it makes it sweet - which it did. Then a bit of celeriac, veggie stock and although the recipe said smoked haddock she just used frozen seafood (prawns, squid, mussels etc). It was quite tasty. Her house stinks now though! All completely free and followed by a banana.

I treated myself to a picnic chocolate bar on the way home. Dunno how many syns they are but after this week stuff it!!!!!

H x

Back