Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hard week

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Kate78, 19 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Kate78

Kate78 Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hello everyone, just coming on for a bit of a chat/rant.

Finding it really tough at the moment, while I am sticking to the diet (well other than Monday having 2 bars, and yesterday having 2 cooked packs) I am really using all my willpower to!

Don’t think that the Easter Eggs are helping, I would kill for some mini-eggs now, and a cuppa tea with some milk in it. I really did consider it on Monday, I stood in the egg section in Waitrose for about 10 minutes just salivating in the aisle! I think that people thought that I had finally lost it.

Going to be starting week 10 this week, and now lost (on my scales) 2st 11lbs so I’m now past ½ way to loosing my target 51/2 st. It’s getting tough though, it’s also getting to the point where everyone I know is saying “Oh, but you’ve done so well, why don’t you stop now” NOT HELPFUL!

Anyway, I’m chugging along, hopefully this week should be a bit easier, I know that the whole thing is such a short time in the scheme of your life but the 10 or so weeks I think that I will have to go before starting RTM currently seems like a jolly long time!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Kate Kate Kate....Hi. :) Now now - we need to get that negative chatter sorted out, or you are going to spin your wheels love.

You are HALF way there! That is BRILL!!! The rest is a downhill slide.

I would like to suggest you stop for a moment, and clear your head. I can hear how much you are struggling. And, not being all new-agey or anything, the more you tell yourself it's a struggle and you can't make it, etc., - the more likely that will become your reality. It's true, and I have seen it work......so, stop - clear your head - and really REALLLLLLLY focus, hard, on the positives of this diet - whay you are doing it in the first place - how it is a TEMPORARY - only temporary sacrifice of food - all those things that got you through the first half. You need to get them back right in front of you!...

You have done so well----don't stop now!! And don't let it be a struggle - let it be the journey the first half was - full of hope and excitement.

Come on now - you CAN do this, if you CHOOSE to do it.

GO on, rock it Kate!!! :) Half way there!! nearly done!! Hang on the last little bit and you will be DONE forever. Worth a few more days innit? :)

4. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Kate remember those words of encouragement you gave me.

Hope you feel a bit better now.;)

5. Kate78

Kate78 Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Thanks BL and LL.

I'm feeling much better today, gave myself a firm talking to last night!!! :)

6. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good on you Kate, you can do this. ;)

7. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Glad to hear that Kate! Have an extra great day today to make up for feeling blue yesterday. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.