Harvester - Please help

Cholney5

Tonight I went to the Harvester and had the lamb steak with a jacket potato, peas and grilled tomato and lots if salad. I asked for mint sauce so the calories were not on menu.

How would you all count this as I am not sure if I am undercounting and don't want to mess up my whole week! I have till Tuesday for weigh in so can have less syns till then if this is high!!!

Would really appreciate the help as I feel when I eat out I always struggle to decide what to have :eek:

xxx

10oz lamb steak no sauce I calculated at 3 syns, probably sprayed with oil......jacket potato 4.5 syns (???)....again guessing its sprayed with oil, salad well if its plain would be free, but if you had mayonnaisey types you would have to expect quite a few syns.....hope this helps x

Thanks,

Glad that I saved my syns for this meal! Also glad to hear that didn't go over 10.

It is annoying that if at home could have eaten for "free" but never mind eh :jelous:

Thanks again xxx

Jacket potato isn't oiled...

i had grilled chicken breast and jacket spud yesterday at harvester and counted it as free, just synned the sauce on the side and my ladle of dip on my salad. i didnt eat the potato skin but it didnt look as if it had been oiled.

Some of these places do rub a bit of oil on the skins.I've asked a chef who works in one of the big name ones.

I dont think thats unusual, its to stop them drying out I think, I know when my mum does BP in the over she smears them with butter/marg

I think the inference was initially they were coated in oil, kinda heading down the old SW urban myth route again....

When I asked at the one near me the waitress went back and asked the chef and he apparently said "why would anyone oil a poato skin?"

I love the Harvester and always end up there when me and my friends want to go to dinner! I think even if potatoes are oiked (which I hope they are not) it is one of the best options for eating out!

I will ask next time I go ... if they are then boiled potatoes with no butter it is!!!

Pre SW i have to confess to rubbing oil over my baked potato, sprinkling with salt and putting it back in the oven for 10 mins...it makes the skin lovely and crispy! Now i just give it a spray with frylight :)

Pre SW i have to confess to rubbing oil over my baked potato, sprinkling with salt and putting it back in the oven for 10 mins...it makes the skin lovely and crispy! Now i just give it a spray with frylight :)

I used to do that too...no I'm the same, fry light salt & pepper :D

Yep - exactly the same as me, oh they were good!!!!! I spray with frylight & either add salt, or chilli & garlic salt now :)

Wetherspoons deep fry their jacket potatoes to get the skins crispy. Harvester dont though, so unless you had butter on it or sour cream then it is free. I can't eat the skins anymore anyway (gastric band). Whenever I go, I tend to be on an Ee day and have gammon, jacket potato, peas and fried egg (1syn in my book) and I take with me a jar of hellmanns extra light Mayo and a spoon (pop it in my handbag) and then have lots of free salad. For me I calculate the whole meal as 2 syns and if I feel as if I'm mission out in pudding, I have the melon ad ask for the icecream separate and then either hubby or daughter has it.
It's not effected my losses.

Wetherspoons deep fry their jacket potatoes to get the skins crispy. Harvester dont though, so unless you had butter on it or sour cream then it is free. I can't eat the skins anymore anyway (gastric band). Whenever I go, I tend to be on an Ee day and have gammon, jacket potato, peas and fried egg (1syn in my book) and I take with me a jar of hellmanns extra light Mayo and a spoon (pop it in my handbag) and then have lots of free salad. For me I calculate the whole meal as 2 syns and if I feel as if I'm mission out in pudding, I have the melon ad ask for the icecream separate and then either hubby or daughter has it.
It's not effected my losses.

Oh no! Its 'Spoons Spudgate again!!

Starlight's gonna be mad!!!

(ducks for cover)

(incidentally - hidden away in the car crash of a website that is Slimming World syns online - there is actually an instance where it does now finally list jacket potato, WITHOUT butter - and it is free! I think the confusion came from the fact that its ususally listed with butter and synned - people assumed the potatoes were synned and you never saw it say anywhere what the syns were WITHOUT butter)

WEATHERSPOONS DO NOT DEEP FRY THEIR JACKET POTATOES! That would be MENTAL!

Another observation - Gammon, jacket, fried egg and peas is not an EE meal - peas are not superfree (not free on original) - ask for some salad instead to fix that

mandy296 said:
Oh no! Its 'Spoons Spudgate again!!

Starlight's gonna be mad!!!

(ducks for cover)

(incidentally - hidden away in the car crash of a website that is Slimming World syns online - there is actually an instance where it does now finally list jacket potato, WITHOUT butter - and it is free! I think the confusion came from the fact that its ususally listed with butter and synned - people assumed the potatoes were synned and you never saw it say anywhere what the syns were WITHOUT butter)

WEATHERSPOONS DO NOT DEEP FRY THEIR JACKET POTATOES! That would be MENTAL!

Another observation - Gammon, jacket, fried egg and peas is not an EE meal - peas are not superfree (not free on original) - ask for some salad instead to fix that

I assumed MrsV is counting the salad bar as the superfree part?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i used to work at a harvester and they definately don't oil the skins..... they are just washed and cooked..... they do brush the meat though with seasoned oil when cooking.... Best thing to have is spitroast chicken which is rubbed with a bbq seasoning and no oil or sprays are used :)

Hahaha the potato would explode as soon as it hit the oil!

Back