Has anyone attended one of the NHS Weight Loss Programmes?

I am currently in the programme, and my 2 years will be up next month. I have found it a complete waste of time. It doesn't offer me any help or knowledge that I don't already know or have. I just go, and they weigh me. I only go along with it now so my GP has an up to date record of my weight. I'm sure some people have found it beneficial, but I haven't. I only agreed to going initially as my start BMI was something like 54, and if my weight losses were going to stall, I would have been eligible for surgery, but they didn't and I didn't need to consider it in the end.

Thank you for your reply!

I have just been enrolled onto it and attended my first appointment last week (where you get the 4 members of the team) asking you what had happened, what caused the weight gain etc, etc. I came out with mixed thoughts and wondered if anyone else had benefited from the programme.

I got asked that silly question about what caused the weight gain. I actually said to them "what do you think. Take a wild guess what caused it". Ridiculous. Good luck with your losses though Zoe xx

My GP offered for me to be weighed by the nurses. As it's a 20 minute drive to get there, I declined. I can weigh myself at home! Reporting on here is enough accountability for me. No extra stuff like group meetings or free SW vouchers offered.

Back