Has Anyone Bought One Of These?

Mrs Depp

Gold Member
Just sitting here wondering if anyone has fallen for the old after Christmas guilt trip and bought an exercise dvd?

I have to confess I did go out and buy "Vicky's Weight Off Workout" (Janice Battersby on Corrie).

My reason for this? Well for a start she looks so blimmin' great on the cover having lost 2.5 stones and is now down from a size 16 to a 6!

I've never bought one before but now that I'm down to 8st 11lbs I've decided to stop being so focussed on losing those last 5lbs and start exercising instead in order to (hopefully) get rid of at least some of the flabby bits.

Just waiting for some peace and quiet to actually put it on the dvd player and have a go now, but the kids progs are on for a while longer:( :D

I've bought a couple of videos in the past (Mr Motivator & Rosemary Conley) but to be honest, I never did either of them more than a couple of times. It somehow felt 'wrong' to be bobbing about in my own lounge on a carpet and with restricted space ... I just felt silly and consequently don't think I ever did the routines justice.

I expect there will be others who have had a more positive experience than me though :)

I have all the tae bo workouts I think.. and I bought erm whatsherface.. Davina's a couple of years back.. not bought any this year though.. I'm doing all my workouts at the gym.. lounge isn't big enough and dog doesn't like it when i do tae bo.. he thinks i'm punching imaginery friends!!!!!! (U can imagine what it used to be like when I used to practice Karate at home!)

I thought "it's worth a try":D

Absolutely!! Doing ANYTHING is better than doing nothing at all. I wish you every success.

Maybe I felt so silly because I was a total blimp when I did it ... you've already lost the weight and will be using an exercise DVD to tone up so it'll probably feel differently to you than it did for me.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :)

Absolutely!! Doing ANYTHING is better than doing nothing at all. I wish you every success.

Maybe I felt so silly because I was a total blimp when I did it ... you've already lost the weight and will be using an exercise DVD to tone up so it'll probably feel differently to you than it did for me.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :)

Will do!! :D :D :D

I have all the tae bo workouts I think.. and I bought erm whatsherface.. Davina's a couple of years back.. not bought any this year though.. I'm doing all my workouts at the gym.. lounge isn't big enough and dog doesn't like it when i do tae bo.. he thinks i'm punching imaginery friends!!!!!! (U can imagine what it used to be like when I used to practice Karate at home!)

Ahh bless! Your dog sounds like a proper cutie! When my ex and I were together our dog used to get upset if we were play fighting each other! She was very protective of me and used to lunge at hubby if she thought he was hurting me:D

I HAVE HAD LOADS OF DIFFERENT FITNESS DVDS, BUT I LOST INTEREST AFTER A WEEK, MY FAV HAD TO BE TAE-BO, BUT GOT BORED WITH THAT TOO. DH GOT THE MAX AND PADDY WORKOUT DVD.......THAT IS SOOOOOOOOO FUNNY....I ENDED UP LAUGHING SO MUCH I HAD TO STOP.....WHEN IT GOT TO THE WEIGHTS SECTION THEY USED A POPULAR ITEM FROM ANN SUMMERS...........A SPARKLY PINK DILDO.........PMSL

I have Billy Blanks bootcamp dvds, the guy that does the Tae Bo.. it's amazing. Easy to follow and challenges you too.

I highly recommend it, :p

I bought my OH a contraption that attaches to his bicycle and it then becomes an exercise bike. He can bring it in and cycle away infront of the TV .......... so as someone who doesn't ride a bike - I might use this! (Nothing like buying a present for someone then highjacking it!!)

I didn't buy any new DVDs but I have dug out my Leslie Sansome WATP (Walk Away The Pounds) Dvd :cool: The plan is to do 1 mile each morning to 'wake me up' and get exercise into every day :D

I sometimes use Davina's power of 3 if I can't get to the gym.

It's really good. Did used to enjoy the YMCA one, but it's a bit retro now

Got a set of Billy Blanks. Hated it! Just goes to show....we're all different.

I didn't buy any new DVDs but I have dug out my Leslie Sansome WATP (Walk Away The Pounds) Dvd :cool: The plan is to do 1 mile each morning to 'wake me up' and get exercise into every day :D

I've heard that one is good. Let us know how it goes. Might get it myself

I've had it for a while - in fact, it's the second one I've owned. 18 mins to do one mile in your living room and bad weather is no excuse! :cool: Well worth it for starting you off, and hoping to get to the 2 mile by February :D

Ready? I have Davina Power of 3, Elle McPherson's Body workout, nell Mcandrew red one and silver one and a yogazone box set!!

I use them when I can't be bothered to train myself (i mean to think of what exercise to do next, I don't, like, switch it on and watch whilst eating chips on the sofa!), and they really help. My sister lost all of her weight using a combo of WLR and the Nell McAndrew DVDs and looks blimming fab!

I have a few tae bo ones but never got past the easy stage, the abs and glutes one was a killer (must dig that one out and try again, might be easier without the flab in the way) I have a pilates one that I ried not so long ago but I just couldnt manage the breathing, it was all too ast for me thought I'd end up hyperventilating cos of it lol.

I also tried rosemary connoly's years ago which I wasn't impressed with and have my sisters Kathy Smith one too but no video to play it on.

I wont be buying any more now because I think the tae bo ones are good enough

Ready? I have Davina Power of 3, Elle McPherson's Body workout, nell Mcandrew red one and silver one and a yogazone box set!!

I use them when I can't be bothered to train myself (i mean to think of what exercise to do next, I don't, like, switch it on and watch whilst eating chips on the sofa!), and they really help. My sister lost all of her weight using a combo of WLR and the Nell McAndrew DVDs and looks blimming fab!

Hahaha Dom! That used to be my idea of exercising!!!:D

Back