Has anyone else got ugly legs...

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
in jeans, my legs are horrible, tree trunks come to mind, they are all wobbly and celeulite(sp) and just plain ugly. will they improve with weight loss.x

I've always hated my legs. I have big thighs, and have never had that gap inbetween them at the top, but I think it's because I have small hips. I have flabby knees, a touch of the cankle, and enough cellulite to start a shop selling it. I hope diet might help out, but then it might just be genes :(

I am
another one with big thighs....huge in fact but do you know what, I no longer care.

I spent years doing everything imaginable to improve the way they looked and hiding them to the extent that if we had friends here to a bbq I would not go in the pool or let them see me in a swimming costume without a wrap round covering my legs. I missed so much.

Now it is a case of " this is me take it or leave it"

You are a lot younger than me so I am sure you will be able to do something with SW coupled with the right exercise.

Remember though you must feel good about yourselves, you have done so well. Think thin, walk tall. It makes so much difference to your overall appearance.

Nah I'm a really odd shape. Always carried it around my middle, and then as the weight gain progressed, I got back fat, then flabby upper arms, and then a rather fetching double chin, but my legs stayed slim and my backside remained non-existant - the bottom half of me looked like it belonged to a different person!

Yep, me too. Always hated my legs, especially knees and thighs. My knees are full of operation scars and they are also a bit "knobbly". My thighs have always been on the big side, although I would like to believe it's mainly still muscle from doing a lot and lot of sport in the past. ;)
But having said that, I hate my toes and hands even more (toes are freaky, my second one is longer than the "big" one and my hands are veiny and would be more suitable for a lad). But hey, never mind, won't cut them off.

Ooh, just been thinking the same thing! I need to take weight off my belly, bum, boobs and thighs, but it's my legs and arms that are bothering me! Distraction anyone? My aunt has huge calves and I guess I got them too. My legs just feel very cellulitey and really bad skin tone, that lovely corned beef effect. I was wondering about toning them up, I kinda figure the thighs will slim, don't know about the cellulite, but I'm worried about the bingo wings and the fat calves.
Rambling on now - anyone nearly at target with some advice?

I have always had big thighs sort of out of proportion with the rest of my body. When i used to ride i was a size 10 but my thighs always looked huge in comparisium, even though they werent. my calves were very slim many moons again and my riding boots were always slim fit. my hubby bought me nice wellies and they wont pull on over my thighs. :(

Mine r fine till u get to the knee then thunder thighs ahoy! My mum swears its due to all the horse riding i did as a kid. I think its more to due to all the rubbish i've eaten as an adult :) tbh, i'm more worried about my flabby stomach and back fat at the moment - and saggy boobs!

Mine r fine till u get to the knee then thunder thighs ahoy! My mum swears its due to all the horse riding i did as a kid. I think its more to due to all the rubbish i've eaten as an adult :) tbh, i'm more worried about my flabby stomach and back fat at the moment - and saggy boobs!

and I always blamed my enormous bum on riding as well............. it's good to lay the blame somewhere other than the kitchen lol !!!

When I was a "normal" size my legs were never too bad - it's the family tummy that's the problem. :D

I put it down to a lot of swimming.

BUT since having my children I have the most awful thread veins. My knee area and ankles are particularly bad. :( So much so I'm pretty much always in trousers these days or full length skirts. Even when I finally have legs that might be a decent enough shape (and being a LOT older these days that's not a given :eek:) any shorter skirts will have to be worn with opaque tights.

I hate the shape of my legs too! Since Ive lost some weight and not as young as was the skin wobbles its quite gross really but what can you do Ive even got knee fat on the side yuck!!!!

It could be worse for me and I could have titty bottle legs I dont like them

My OH say i have 'child bearing hips' lol, that then lead on to my fat thighs. Think its a family trait tho, so i think im just doomed to it forever :( To top it all off im like Maypole too, milkbottle FTW xx

in jeans, my legs are horrible, tree trunks come to mind, they are all wobbly and celeulite(sp) and just plain ugly. will they improve with weight loss.x

Hey tara40,

I carry most of my weight on my bottom half and had lots of cellulite on my bum n thighs before I began slimming world & it has disappeared with all the healthy eating and water that I drink. Try adding some squats into your body magic. You'll ache the first few times you do them but trust me they work as my JLO n thighs have lifted and feel firmer after just 2 weeks of doing 2 sets of 15 reps 3 times a week. Have a look on youtube to see how to do them properly as you need to get your posture right. xx

My thighs are horrible but they don't worry me as much as my calves which are not fat but muscular and HUGE. I put it down to having jobs where I stood for most of the time (teaching and restaurant manager)

Apparently my legs are quite a nice shape now, however the world will never see them as I managed to get stretch marks from my shoulders to my knees when I was pregnant, that topped with some lovely thread veins makes for a pretty hideous sight!

It actually makes me cross as my mum had 6 children and never got a stretch mark, and I am a walking scar and only 24!!! x

I hate the shape of my legs too! Since Ive lost some weight and not as young as was the skin wobbles its quite gross really but what can you do Ive even got knee fat on the side yuck!!!!

It could be worse for me and I could have titty bottle legs I dont like them

i have knee fat too

My legs are HORRIBLE! But...... they have improved since i started loosing weight. I'm sure that when i get down to my target they will look alright. As I amlooking after my skin a little better now :D. Also i;ve never been one to show my legs ever soo they will prob stay under cover even when I'm done :D

Back