Has anyone else got ugly legs...

Just to add, mine is the tops of my legs yragh almost cried looking in the mirror last night, but thought nope, making a change and things are working so dont get upset LOL. The bottoms of em and my knees are ok though claves could do with being smaller lol

Can i say i have horrid legs too. But mine are skinny and slightly bow legged. The more i lose weight the skinnier they get. People May be think that's not a bad thing but trust me they r rank x

My legs have always been chubby
When I was younger and weighted around 8st, they still didnt look great. Now I have been up to 11st 4lb (more when preg) and had two lovely children, they look very bad.
I need some ideas to help them look ok, because I would like to go swimming with the children on holiday x x

My legs are HIDEOUS! Fat massive calves, huge thighs that resemble corned beef, thread veins everywhere and ive no idea where my bum starts cos my thighs and bum merge together into a big fat wobbly lump. :-(

Can I join the horrible legs club as well? Mine are better I have to admit since losing weight but sadly I think I will always have cankles and hardly any space between my thighs. It's genetic & I need to come to terms with it lol. I think I would need to weigh around 7 stone to have skinny legs. I have always wanted skinny jeans but my legs look like carrots in them.

I am
another one with big thighs....huge in fact but do you know what, I no longer care.

I spent years doing everything imaginable to improve the way they looked and hiding them to the extent that if we had friends here to a bbq I would not go in the pool or let them see me in a swimming costume without a wrap round covering my legs. I missed so much.

Now it is a case of " this is me take it or leave it"

You are a lot younger than me so I am sure you will be able to do something with SW coupled with the right exercise.

Remember though you must feel good about yourselves, you have done so well. Think thin, walk tall. It makes so much difference to your overall appearance.

I felt like that, hid myself away and was self concious. Then started going out and enjoying myself, particularly at our local. In fact went out last night, and 95% of people that came in (it was a busy night because of a friends birthday) came straight up and gave me a hug, even the youngsters, made me feel fab. Always thought I dressed quite well for my size (think I must have that thing where you look in the mirror and see yourself as slimmer than you really are) cos when I saw the pictures on facebook........I cried. I made an effort with my hair, made it big and bouncy yet the pics showed it as lank and flat. Thought the dress i was wearing was slimming....yet in the pics I looked as big as a house. Then I remembered how pleased people seemed to be to see me.....that's what I'd like to think about more. My weightloss is slow and steady....but I shall get there...eventually xx

Despite bring part if the horrible legs club i do wear jeans and even bought, and have worn out of the house, skinny leg jeans! I no doubt look silly compared to skinny minis in them- but i couldn't give a toss!!! I gave up being uncomfortable in my own skin 10 years ago

I don't just have big thighs I have big calfs and big chunky ankles too, they really do resemble tree trunks. Even when I was 8 stone years ago I had legs that always seems too big for my body. I can't wear knee high boots or most ankle boots as I can't do the zip up. I've got no hope in skinny jeans I can just about get my foot in the rest is history, but in saying that I'd look hideous in them even if I did manage to get into them as my legs go straight down with practically zero shape.

If they offered leg transplants I'd be first in line!

kingleds said:
Despite bring part if the horrible legs club i do wear jeans and even bought, and have worn out of the house, skinny leg jeans! I no doubt look silly compared to skinny minis in them- but i couldn't give a toss!!! I gave up being uncomfortable in my own skin 10 years ago

Good 4 u xx

Hurrah !!!! how much easier is life when you learn to like and live with yourself?
I am with you on this one.

fillymum said:
Hurrah !!!! how much easier is life when you learn to like and live with yourself?
I am with you on this one.

You're totally right fillymum - lots of things on this world to worry about without adding to it unneccessarily. Its just too much hassle to worry about how i look or what other peopke think of how i look!!

I wear skinny jeans & leggings, never think about it!
Not sure what I would wear if I didn't have my jeans. With the others, dont really care what others think of me (any more). But I know all my faults and Im hard on myself.
I wish I could learn to be nice to me

Yep, me too. Always hated my legs, especially knees and thighs. My knees are full of operation scars and they are also a bit "knobbly". My thighs have always been on the big side, although I would like to believe it's mainly still muscle from doing a lot and lot of sport in the past. ;)
But having said that, I hate my toes and hands even more (toes are freaky, my second one is longer than the "big" one and my hands are veiny and would be more suitable for a lad). But hey, never mind, won't cut them off.

My family always said having the second toe longer than the big toe is a sign of royal blood. Lol

I think i have the strangest leg shape ever, which is a right pain when trying to buy boots especially wellies. Actually thinkin about it the whole of my body from the eyes down is an odd shape lol

Back