Has anyone ever had their metabolism tested?

IrishMum

A little of everything!
Just curious?

I couldn't find anywhere in Ireland/N. Ireland that does it?

No. How do you do that? I would love it done. My Hub is all into the science of it. He seems to think that mine needed a kick start to start working and LT did that. He thinks mine is high. All mumbo jumbo to me, I'm not very scientifically minded.

There is a clinic called Synergy that does almost everything. I got my bloods, allergy, thyroid tested there. They were lovely. I wonder do they do it.

hiya,

you can buy scales that measure all sorts of bits n bobs check out argos online....here's the details of one of them...

• Glass back sprayed black with stainless steel contacts.
  • Electronic LCD 2' dot matrix display.
  • Auto shut off.
  • Athlete mode with three fitness levels.
  • Body fat.
  • BMR.
  • Body water.
  • Weight 200kg/31st 5lb.
  • Muscle mass.
  • BMI.
  • Body water.
  • Memory.
  • Visceral fat.
  • Low battery warning.
  • Size (H)4.5, (W)30, (D)30cm.
  • Requires 6 AA alkaline batteries (included).
  • Manufacturer's 15 year guarantee.

Wow, those scales sound great!! Water content?? Fab! I bet they come with a hefty price??

Scales don't test your metabolism though. Its done by measuring how well your body 'uses' oxygen (or something along those lines? Im not too up on the 'science' of it?). You have to wear an oxygen mask thats hooked up to a special machine and sit there relaxing for 15mins. It measures how your body reacts and calculates how fast/slow your metabolism is. They're very popular in private gyms in the US, but I don't fancy flying there just to get it done!
I'm a lifetime yo-yo dieter with various health issues and my GP is of the opinion that my metabolism is slow because of these reasons- but I have no way of finding out for sure- and he just said to 'allow' for a slow metabolism when trying to lose weight! LOL! Helpful eh!

Back