Has anyone ever seen a ghost?

hey Karen we should go back to the spiritualist church again....we went twice weekends would be great as grumpy on back shift.

Thats amazing! Thats something we've had happen quite often. Most recently when my niece was born, in October last year, my mum 'told' my gran and my aunt that my brother was a daddy again and Emma was a big sister and said shed wished they could have met Ciara. Not more than 1 hour later my brother phoned to say he & my sister in law had been sitting in the living room with the baby when a single white feather floated down - they said they actually sat open mouthed watching it - and landed on the chair nearest the wee ones car seat where she was fast asleep.

Theres NO logical explanation as to where it came from, but we do firmly believe it was my gran and aunt letting us know that they HAD indeed met Ciara :)

Hi Starlight, that is amazing, I bet the feather you are talking about was probably quite a large one as is normally associated with Angels and loved ones that have passed over.

My feathers are really tiny, perhaps my Dad is still in training and has to start with the small ones first, bless him!!
angel3.gif

I am over the moon - I think I may have had a positive 'sign' from my Dad today
1219.gif

After speaking over the last few posts about feathers, I was doing a bit of tidying up and had to put something in a drawer where I keep a leather wallet type pouch which belonged to my Dad which contained his bus pass, nectar card and other bits and bobs.

I caught sight of it and as usual felt a little sad that he is no longer with me and decided to open the flap and have a little look inside and to my surprise was a white feather laying across the top of the contents.

Now I have looked in this little wallet many times before and never have I seen a feather in there. I often get little tiny feathers float down in front on my face, but none have ever been the size of this one!

I was absolutely gobsmacked I think for the first time I have actually had a sign from my Dad, had the feather been anywhere else I may have questioned it, but to get inside a closed drawer and inside the wallet, my Dad's wallet!, it can only be from him - thank you Dad, you have made me so happy, love you forever, I have lit a candle tribute to thank you, god bless

Leave a tribute in memory of Mr. William Barrell at this online memorial.

Last edited:
Thats Wonderful:) How lovely for you. He's with you all the time and knowing that over the past few days you've been thinking a lot about him and about trying to contact him, he's obviously thought it's the right time to give you a sign.

I'm so pleased for you.

If you still want my mediums phone number it's no probs I'll sort it out for you and send it by email.

Tracey
x

Thats Wonderful:) How lovely for you. He's with you all the time and knowing that over the past few days you've been thinking a lot about him and about trying to contact him, he's obviously thought it's the right time to give you a sign.

I'm so pleased for you.

If you still want my mediums phone number it's no probs I'll sort it out for you and send it by email.

Tracey
x

Thanks Tracey that would be great, it is nice to be recommended to a Medium, rather than trying to find one for myself that will probably be no good!

Well the other day I did my 5 minutes on cross trainer at home got off to stretch my thighs and turned to go into the kitchen, as I turned I saw a shadow dash out into the hall....well I was stunned, as I was thinking to myself "I wonder what mum would say if she could see me losing weight and exercising".
Well after looking around for a logical explanation (there wasnt one as I was home alone)....I went on to do the dishes as I was doing this a carrier bag with some toys in fell off the dining table again no-one was there.....I was not scared just stunned and pleased that someone(hopefully mum) had been around.

Aaww Sonkie, as you say perhaps it was your Mum observing you and how well you are doing with your dieting and exercise.

I am amazed this sort of thing doesn't freak you out, but I guess if you have been having experiences from a young age you are pretty used to it.

Keep your stories coming as and when they happen, they are great

I love Most Haunted, Sixth Sense myself! I saw Derek Acorah at his show and met him afterwards.

I have had a few unexplained experiences and I share an office at work with a psychic who is always telling me stuff about myself which I am flabbagasted she knows about! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I do believe in the spirit world but would freak out if I ever actually saw a ghost lol.

Aaww Sonkie, as you say perhaps it was your Mum observing you and how well you are doing with your dieting and exercise.

I am amazed this sort of thing doesn't freak you out, but I guess if you have been having experiences from a young age you are pretty used to it.

Keep your stories coming as and when they happen, they are great

Since my mum died a lot of small things have happened, one such occasion my kids were fighting and I said if your nan could see you now she would not be happy, with this the radio we were listening to turned off then back on again.......this stopped them in there tracks immediately....lol.
I often sense someone standing behind me and see shadows too, but usually aout the corner of my eye. I have also seen my mums cat that also died of cancer a few months after her......I find it comforting.

I love Most Haunted, Sixth Sense myself! I saw Derek Acorah at his show and met him afterwards.

I have had a few unexplained experiences and I share an office at work with a psychic who is always telling me stuff about myself which I am flabbagasted she knows about! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I do believe in the spirit world but would freak out if I ever actually saw a ghost lol.

Have you been watching most haunted live its on all weekend, started last night.....!

Rubyberrie, my heart goes out to you over your dad. I am so sorry for your loss and I completely understand how much you would love to have a sign from him. Seeing the feather in your drawer must have been the most wonderful feeling for you -- better than any bar of chocolate, eh??! :)

I lost my dad when I was only 9 years old and grew up with the grief. He never saw me go to the school he had signed me up to, he never gave me away at my wedding. If I ever have children he will never hold them. Just typing now has brought tears to my eyes. I actually was talking about him at lunchtime today as it'll be the 25th anniversary of his death next month. I talk about him often -- I want to keep him fresh in my life and memories forever. He will never, ever be forgotten.

I keep telling the psychic at work that I never have any signs from my dad but she can tell me about bad times I have experienced in my life and how the endings have ended up being happy ones and she firmly believes that my dad had something to do with that. She sometimes sees lights above my head when she is talking to me and tells me often (and again this week) that I am protected. It might be other members of my family who have passed over or maybe my dad.

I was given a possession of my dad's at Christmas which I will treasure forever. I miss him so much and wish I too could have a feather from him.

A big hug to you Rubyberrie.

Has anyone else ever seen bright white lights? I sometimes see them in my lounge (nowhere else in my house) and I have seen them over three different people's head, but always the same three people. The psychic I work with sees them too and often above my head.

Also do you ever feel like someone is stroking your head?

Have you been watching most haunted live its on all weekend, started last night.....!

Hi Sonya

I only just realised it was on last night about 10.30 so I missed quite a bit but I taped the last bit and watched that earlier today, but I think I missed all the good bits

I have set Sky Plus to record the last part tonight, as Father in Law, is hogging the telly at the moment!!

Has anyone else ever seen bright white lights? I sometimes see them in my lounge (nowhere else in my house) and I have seen them over three different people's head, but always the same three people. The psychic I work with sees them too and often above my head.
Also do you ever feel like someone is stroking your head?

Hi Janey

Thank you for your kind words re. my Dad, so sorry to hear you lost your Dad at such a young age, that must have been awful for you.

Even though you may think your Dad was not with you when you started school, or there to give you away on your Wedding Day, or to hold your children, I bet he was there in spirit and is still with you today, this may explain the lights that your colleague can see and the stroking of your head that you feel, (((hugs))) to you to Janey!

I must admit I do not see any white lights or anything like that, although I am very interested in this sort of thing, I do not think I am very psychic, I think you must have to be a little bit sensitive to pick up on these things.

My Husband is a bit like that, he has actually seen a ghost when staying in a hotel room in France. He was awoken in the night and in the dark he could see a little girl in the prayer position over in the corner of the room, he said the room was really cold and could see his breath in the air, as he rustled the bed clothes, the little girl very slowly turned her head and looked at my Husband and then gradually faded. He said it did not freak him out at all, in fact he found it very calming, the room returned to normal temperature straight away and he just went back to sleep - I would have had a fit and run screaming from the room !!

He has also said that on a couple of occasions he was in our kitchen with his back to our kitchen door and thought he saw out the corner corner of his eye our youngest daughter walk quickly past the door towards the front door and when he has gone to have a look our Daughter is nowhere to be seen but on both occasions our (female) cat has been sitting on the mat by the front door. He thinks that maybe our cat was a little girl in a previous life, but I do not know if animals can come back as humans, does anyone else know?

My eldest Daughter also told me the other day whilst in the front room, the doorbell rang and she could see straight away that no-one was at the door, but went to investigate anyway and guess who was there? the cat!, maybe my husband is right?

Anyway Janey, I have been waffling on long enough

My doorbell rang the other night (well, about 3 weeks ago). It was late and I looked out of the window and no one was there and the gate was closed. It really freaked me out!! I admire your husband beng so cool and calm seeing a ghost and going back to sleep. I'm like you, I would have run a mile! My psychic friend believes that I don't see my dad because I have put up a barrier through fear. A few very inexplicable things have happened in my life that all make me believe in the after life and that my dad is around. I wish he was actually here but still find the thought comforting.

This is a lovely thread. :)

I always feel like someone is stroking or touching my hair/head.

I have just been watching most haunted live this weekend.....it was good !

Back