Has anyone NOT weighed themselves?

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
I don't have any scales here, so I use my mums..
I didn't buy any when i moved out as i knew i would be addicted to them and weigh myself 2-3 times a day.
So i was thinking of ditching the scales altogether and not weight myself.. and just go off clothes getting bigger.
Anyone do this?

Do you go to class Kim? I get weighed once a week at class and that's it - i know if i've been good or bad so there are not normally any surprises!!

I think often we focus too much on the numbers and little on the inches and how our clothes feel.

So, it's up to you!! If you do go to class then I wouldn't get weighed in between but if you don't then maybe once a month if you don't want to get too obsessed with them.

HTH Jay xx

no i don't go to classes... but If i feel my clothes are looser already, but the scales don't move THAT much... so think i'm just going to go off clothes :)

I go to class but was weighing myself obsessively throughout the week and so, sods law my scales have started telling me I'm two stone lighter than I am!! I think not :rolleyes:

Miss my scales :( BUT Boots have a weighing machine I'm going to go on at the weekend!! woohoo....I liike to know what weight I'm looking at for weigh in on Monday :D

no i don't go to classes... but If i feel my clothes are looser already, but the scales don't move THAT much... so think i'm just going to go off clothes :)
I feel like my clothes are getting looser..yet the scales arent showing the loss:confused:

you can lose inces before it shows at the scales :)

I wonder why that is?

I also just lost a friend to cancer, they lost 6 stone in 3 months, why does that happen?
aw im sorry.... my mum had cervical cancer but survived... she lost 4 stone in a couple of months... it's the tumour getting feeding off the nutrients

So sorry about your friend (((hugs)))

I have been told (re: losing inches) that the fat cells try to fill with water first to attempt to retain their size. Once they realease the water, the weight loss starts to show. Maybe the water is heavy, but the cells still shrink, causing body shape and size to change slightly??? Not sure lol

Back