Has anyone tried a curry recipe from the magazine?

PinkToaster

Silver Member
I'm making Root Vegetable Biryani, hope it tastes as good as it smells!

will be interested to see how it turns out as I luuuurve curry and am looking forward to trying out loads of recipes.:)

MrsEx

I'll let you know! I had to substitute medium curry powder for mild as I'm not so good with the hot foods. :D

I had that last night!!x

mine was dry n im ill now..not coz that but i could never eat again lol

i had that for tea tonight, made it couple weeks ago, made about 8 servings...lol...had to cook it in 2 pans...:eek: so ended up freezing about 5 portions hence why ended up having for tea tonight, was a bit dry, but nice....

It's a bit of a let down really, cause the house smells delicious like a takeaway and I'm now starving! I've heated some leftovers and made some tomato and onion pasta to mix with it. The giant cookies are calling out to me though, I'm so hungry.

I was SO excited to see the curry book because I love curries.

I went out to the supermarket a while ago and took one of the madrass curry paste jars. I read the ingredients on the back then went round the isles putting all the spices in my trolley. With the exception of some very weird ingredients I managed to get them all. It made an amazing paste that I have used ever since - plus you just know it is a thousand times healthier due to a severe lack of oil and greese.

My hubbie makes a mean curry sauce from the website and I mix in Quorn pieces. Tried a tikka masala last week out of the curry book he wasn't too keen but I enjoyed it although it was a bit dry.

I was SO excited to see the curry book because I love curries.

I went out to the supermarket a while ago and took one of the madrass curry paste jars. I read the ingredients on the back then went round the isles putting all the spices in my trolley. With the exception of some very weird ingredients I managed to get them all. It made an amazing paste that I have used ever since - plus you just know it is a thousand times healthier due to a severe lack of oil and greese.

Would you mind giving me the recipe for your paste? Thanks x

i started SW on wed and trying to get my head round it !! Ive just made the chicken curry and in the process of making a veggie one my Q is wht do you have with the chicken curry and do you have it on a red or green day ??

i started SW on wed and trying to get my head round it !! Ive just made the chicken curry and in the process of making a veggie one my Q is wht do you have with the chicken curry and do you have it on a red or green day ??

which chicken curry is it? from what book/mag?

if mostly cheicken and veg, not potatoes, then can have rice, but have to syn it. have on a red day.

Is this out of the book that was free with SW magazine? Was quite tempted to try chicken korma onw - will let you know how it goes when i do ! :)

Is this out of the book that was free with SW magazine? Was quite tempted to try chicken korma onw - will let you know how it goes when i do ! :)

yeah it was from this one just the plain chiken curry thnk i might have jacket spud & use as a healthy xtra

well ive just had the chicken curry with a jacket spud and 1 ww mini naan (6 sins) and it was goooooorgeousssssss

well ive just had the chicken curry with a jacket spud and 1 ww mini naan (6 sins) and it was goooooorgeousssssss

Just noticed your sig. Is the Boozy Bar still in Hisoruno (sp)?

Just noticed your sig. Is the Boozy Bar still in Hisoruno (sp)?

grand boozey yeah never went there though spent all time in time out !

tayfun apartments this is the 3rd yr weve been and love it sooo much !!

Back