has anyone...

tazzy21

ever been to uni??

I just got my move in date, the 29th and realisation has just hit me that I'm moving away! Has anyone been to uni or is at uni cos I'm really bloody scared! Hopefully get fitter before I go too because I'm doing nursing and the occupational health nurse needs me to lose weight to be fit for work placement. I'm sure in a month or two I will be lighter and fitter thanks to slimming world and exercise.

My boyfriend is away so am in the house alone so I thought I'd burden you lot with my worries! Hope you don't mind :)

Tanya x

Yes I went to uni.. wasnt in halls tho, but I was a single parent at the time, so went as a mature student.. It is scary, but it is also an adventure.. enjoy it.. make the most of tutorial sessions and make sure you have all the info.. I did really crap in one module and didnt realise I could have changed it to something else when I realised I didnt "get it"

Went to Uni too (long time ago mind!!) and yes it is scary when you first go. But you are lucky - you are in halls you will meet tons of new people. My two best friends in the world were on my course - I met them my first week at Uniwhen I was 18 and now at the age of nearly 37 they are still there with me.

I had the time of my life - enjoy it!

Where are you studying?

Carol x

Hi there :) I went to uni a few years ago and I was there for three years. They were a brilliant few years, I had such a lot of fun. I must admit I had too much fun (!) and didn't work as hard as I should have but I did have a great time. Are you moving to halls? My halls were lovely and I made some brilliant friends, remember everyone is in the same boat and everyone is wanting to make friends. A nice idea is to join clubs and groups so that you can meet people who are interested in the same kind of things as you, like maybe the film society if you like films etc.

I did a lot of walking at uni as well, walking all over the campus, plus you might get lots of use of facilities there like a gym or a pool maybe so could be really good for your weight loss. Good luck and enjoy it!

Emerald
X

Yeah I went to uni, I moved to Manchester and lived in halls in first year, then got a shared house with 5 lads and a girl, we stayed in that house for two years (even though it was a dive.......... proper student accommodation!) and then they all graduated as they were only doing three year degrees, so then I moved in with a girl on my course and a couple of her mates and then we advertised for another house mate. It was a really emotional time for me, full of highs and lows! I had some of the best, most random times of my life and I also felt very alone and home sick - I am a bit of a home bird though. I would recommend it to anyone and I wouldn't have been able to do my dream job which is what Im doing now without getting a degree.
What I would say is knuckle down through all of the partying and going out I kinda took my eye of the ball during my final year and ended up struggling to get everything in on time and just scraping a 2:1!
Where abouts are you going?
Good luck and enjoy it xx

I'm living in halls at UEA in Norwich, not far from home but far enough to miss my family and friends :( I'm excited but still nervous as hell! Thanks for your comments, they've made me feel a bit better.

x

Enjoy it, you'll be fine. Just make sure you go out with everyone else to start with and you'll make friends fine. Are you straight out of 6th form or mature student?

In my halls they were virtually all student nurses, they loved their course but had long hours and terms etc.

I was the same as Rainbow, I loved and hated uni. I was 2 hours away from home and went from being a county girl living on a farm to living in the middle of the city (Sheffield). I felt vulnerable as we were burgled a lot etc, but in the end it made me a stronger person.

I'm sure you'll have the time of your life, good luck xxx

i went to uni for a year and a half, but had to drop out as i got ill. i was crapping myself and i cried when my mum and dad left me stranded in my halls! lol ...it even made my dad cry!

i was at art school and there was sooooo many european students, which was interesting. the 1st year was great - i took chaz and daves greatest hits with me to break the ice, which went down a storm when we all went to the pub on our 1st night, had a few drinks and came back to halls. you'll make friends in no time at all.

Back