Has anyone.....???

ditzeeblonde

Call me Linzi...
Started SS with a BMI over 40?

I'm on day 1 & it has been recommended that I start on the 810 plan b'coz of my BMI but I really wanted to knock food out of the equation completely.

I know that my CDC can't say differently but she's not going to know if I SS or 810?

What are the risks? She didn't have her medical book to hand.

Thanks .x

I think the rules are that you are not allowed to SS or SS+ with a BMI over 40 unless you have a medical form signed by your doctor.

I'm sure there are people who go ahead without it though

Hi, I don't know if the rules have changed, but the first time i did CD my BMI was over 40 and i did ss.( that was in 07). Good luck.

Hi hun,
I'm on day 5 of my re-start SS and my BMI is waaaaaaaay over 40!

My CDC isn't concerened about it, maily because it drops so quickly at the start of the diet.

And my Doctor is not concerned because, he says, "no diet is as unhealthy as being obese".

If you feel you can stick to SS then go for it. Good luck!

xx

I'm way over BMI 40 and I'm on day 2 of SS. I saw my GP today who happily signed my forms and offered me free gym and swimming membership.

I told him I'd go back after I've lost my first 2 stone as there is no way I could go to the gym or near a swimsuit like I am now!

Good luck x

When I started SS my BMI was 56.1 and I didn't have any problems. I've now been doing it for nearly a year and I'm down to the low 30s!

Chris
x

My BMI was around 42 when I started and it has gone down so much in 7 weeks. All the best x

I know it is wrong to wish time away but the time has really flown past and I want it to fly by some more. I want another 8 weeks to fly by so I can see where I will be.

Before you know it you will be under BMI 40.

Last edited:
ditzee: i start CD tomorrow and i had my forms signed by my gp and my bmi is 46 and im doing ss, he said it better for me than the plans with food! i need food out the scene totally otherwise i know ill be worse.

ditzee: i start CD tomorrow and i had my forms signed by my gp and my bmi is 46 and im doing ss, he said it better for me than the plans with food! i need food out the scene totally otherwise i know ill be worse.

That was my thought too... I want food out of the equation for a while until I feel strong enough to re-introduce it!

Day 1 done... feel good!

Hey, my BMI is 42 and I've just started day 1 ss too, my cdc said that because it will be down to below the 40 mark within a couple of weeks that it is ok to do. Good luck xx

When i start LL tomorrow I will be ss so we can all help each other as we will all be at the same stage (give or take a day) x

Spoke to another cdc today... had left messages with quite a few before I started & she said that 20 years ago that was the only way to start on CD... its b'coz of the 'sue for anything' society that we live in that we have to get our doctors signature!
Best I head off down there on Monday... I know they'll charge a silly amount to stamp a bit of paper!

Hi there, just wanted to say my bmi was about 42 when i started so also needed doctors signature which I was embarrassed to go and get, my cdc said i could start on a higher plan but i was so upset i ended up in tears :eek::eek::eek: i had built myself up to doing ss and actually seeing a cdc and then to be told i needed a doc signature and couldn't start straight away panicked me a little! Anyway I did 2-3 days of preperation before I could get to the doctors and she happily signed it - for FREE also :D

Hope you get a nice doctor who will do that too!

My bmi is now around 37 after 8 weeks :D

Good luck x

Back