Has my fat changed?

Book-Worm

Silver Member
It's probably going to sound very silly but..... do you feel that your fat's texture has changed? :confused: When I touch my fat, especially around my tummy, it feels like it's more loose, more squishy when I pinch it (less hard, if you see what I mean!). It's hard to explain. Is it how it feels when one loses weight?

If you think I'm crazy, please say so, I won't take it the wrong way, promise :D

i no what u mean, my thighs feel softer and squishy, my tummy and also tops of my arms also....im hoping its because the fat is being broken down but i dont no lol!!

yeah mine does aleast when i was bigger it was firmer. i hate it now.

Mine hasnt changed but that maybe because I came off cambridge after losing 2 stone at 17stone4lb and started eating and exercising, my arm/thighs/tummy feels firm and the same as it always has, I'm 14stone1 and starting to get a gap between my thighs :) it could be an exercise thing.... I do alot tho mon/wed/fri I run for 30mins,row 30mins,cross trainer 30mins, ab work, then tues/thurs personal training sessions concentrating on weights :) i keep to low fat/low GI foods and dont reaaly touch sweet stuff, I'very strict, I've lost 2stone and 2lbs in two months, so my losses are the same as vlcd, but a whole lot of effort and dedication :)

Mine hasnt changed but that maybe because I came off cambridge after losing 2 stone at 17stone4lb and started eating and exercising, my arm/thighs/tummy feels firm and the same as it always has, I'm 14stone1 and starting to get a gap between my thighs :) it could be an exercise thing.... I do alot tho mon/wed/fri I run for 30mins,row 30mins,cross trainer 30mins, ab work, then tues/thurs personal training sessions concentrating on weights :) i keep to low fat/low GI foods and dont reaaly touch sweet stuff, I'very strict, I've lost 2stone and 2lbs in two months, so my losses are the same as vlcd, but a whole lot of effort and dedication :)

Wow, I'm really impressed AOGG!! My mum does the same as you and really I admire you as I could not face the gym. Not to mention the fact that I can't afford it right now. I'm going to start exercising at home though, as I don't want to be this flabby :)

My stomach definitely feels squishier... but i'd rather that than the huge bloated blubber belly I had before :p

Bravo to the exercise you do AOGG - that's some dedication! :clap:

xxxx

Well I'm not working atm and the I worked out that this year 30 personal training session and gym mambership has cost me around £1300 in total, its alot of money but money well invested as I have learnt how to push myself correctly in the gym with regards my cardio, I know what I'm doing now, I was quite hopeless in the gym but just having someone there with you every step of the way really helps. Results = effort put in. I wanted a toned fit body, which I am getting. I am in a size 16 and for the weight and height i am is impressive, I have a flatish stomach now which has surprised me, and have 4 more stone to lose, I have a goal in which to be a smallish size 12, i want to maintain around there which is what I always was when I got to adulthood, I am a broad frame, 36inch bra size so I could never be a size 8, I would have no boobs whatsoever. I am on benefits so the money spent on fitness is about a 10th of my yearly income, and is about the same I would spend on shakes if i was still on cambridge.

It is a lot of hard work, I won't lie to you, but I have lost weight every week and would say because I have devise my own eating plan I don't cheat at all, I am so strict with myself but I really want to be thin, I have to be thin and healthy and won't let anyone or anything stop me from that goal :)

AOGG you have made my day!!! I been sat here thinking i am jelly like especially around my tummy....but have the statistics and weight as you and also fit into a size 16 comfortably and some 14's aswell..( 4 tops in my wardrobe state 14) so i must be on the right track....thank you for posting that info....

I'm glad I've made your day :) I have an hourglass shape so am the same size top and bottom!!!

We all lose weight in different ways and whatever way you choose is the best way for you. I myself couldn't not get my head around not eating solid foods and just having liquids.

I have had three babies, so the skin on my stomach is stretched but I have noticed that my tummy which had a huge overhang when I was big to the point where I couldn't tell that sex I was infront of the mirror, has gone back normally, zipped up nicely, and my upper arms are looking very nice too, and they where very stretched too. My legs where were I carried alot of weight, and on my thighs especially I had alot of stretch marks, I do a lot of running, cross trainer, rowing, as well as with the personal trainer, weights that attck all of those areas, I found that my thighs are starting to tone up and have a gap inbetween, the top bit seems to be looking better than ever and this is after being at the gym weekly for about 5 months, I would say that for the best results, I would work on your legs everyday, I would do lots of walking if you are on a vlcd. Doing the gym at a intensive level is too dangerous on a vlcd, but I have lost two stone and 2lbs in 2 months, so my losses have been really good, but I have been very strict with food, I eat only oats and brown rice as my carbs, lots of lean chicken, and veg. It seems a bit boring but it fuels me efficiently and also lots of water!!!

Please note that I have never lost more than two stone on a vlcd couldn't stick longer than two months, so i don't know really if my body would have looked any different if I lost weight that route???

My baby belly overhang has shrunk too. I didn't think it would look as good as it does and hopefully with hard work I can get it to look even better :)

The good thing is that when your fat starts to go squishy thats when the slimming pants work and pull it all in!

I don't know much about exercising MiniS but what I do know is that you have to do it progressively or you may tire yourself out. Or worse, you could hurt yourself if you hit the gym for the first time not knowing what you're doing. When I feel more confident I will do like AOGG and save my pennies to go to the gym and speak to the personal trainers there. It may take a while though :eek:

No, I won't be hitting the gym just yet! I honestly don't have it in me to start gym-ing whilst on SS. But I do have a treadmill at home and will start walking on it 20-30 minutes a day... even now I'm thinking I'll start next month haha.

Brisk walking is great! I do a lot of walking. A nice pair of trainers and you're in :D Measure your thighs and bum before you start :D In any case, it's good for your heart.

I was thinking just now... It's crazy that we have to go to gyms or exercise in front of DVDs when a century ago people didn't need to do all that and they stayed fit. It made me realise how sedentary we are that we have to make time to exercise when our ancestors would exercise all day long in the fields or walking from work or doing the housework. I must have lost this gene somewhere after I was born :p

ETA: if you do it a routine exercise, wear good shoes (they don't have to be very expensive). When I first started walking, I didn't wear the right shoes and my tendons suffered :(

Back