Green Day Hash browns?

clare85

Hi iv tried to make hash browns twice now and they just don't turn out right :( please could someone help?

i make these all of the time. theyre great.

i grate a couple of potatos using a large box grater. when grated, salt the potato n squeeze all of the excess water out of them.

then i put the raw potato in the microwave for 5 minutes before frying off. they are cooked from the microwave so ur just crisping them up on either side in the pan.

these can be done in the oven but the microwave is much quicker.

you can also add grated onion or onion powder and herbs and cheese if you want. really are good to eat, hope this helps

Thanks I think ill try some hash browns if I have a cooked brekkie for lunch tomorrow x

Great tip bout the microwaving - I'll do that for tomorrows brunch I think. :)

Yes I never did the microwave bit or got alll yhe water out as you can imagine the end result was soggy not quite cooked potato mush!

Hi iv tried to make hash browns twice now and they just don't turn out right :( please could someone help?

I microwave a full potato in the skin and then grate it when it's half cooked, add seasoning and bake in the oven on a lightly oiled (spray) tray. I've never had them turn out soggy. Hope this helps

Back