Have any of you kept the weight off??!!

l.warner

Hi all,

Just a little advice if you don't mind....

I did lighterlife 2 years ago with fantastic weight loss.

Since then, the weight has regained so I have decided to give Slim & Save a go instead.

Have any of you kept the weight off?? Is it worth doing?? If you have kept the weight off, can you tell me how please??

Thanks in advance

Lewis

I did a combination of LL and SnS. I only reached goal last June so not a long term maintainer and I am currently around 11 lbs higher than I would like to be - but reducing! For me exercise has been realy important and I work out heavily 3/4 times every week. I have gone through a number of approaches to eating and have found that structure is really useful to me. I plan my meals out in advance and find that much easier.

Quite worrying that only one person in the room has spoken up! :-S

B x

No matter what the diet, apparently only 5% of people will succesfull maintain at target. Diet you choose does not matter, it is having the willpower to maintain a healthy life style x

Yeah too true!x

And plus, the maintainers might not be on here as much as they don't need the support - they reached goal :)

Diet you choose does not matter, it is having the willpower to maintain a healthy life style x

Very true.

I think maintaining is the hardest part. Diets last for x amount of weeks or months then there's an end to losing weight but maintenance is a lifetime thing, a lot of people will struggle with their weight for the rest of their life and I know I'm one of them.

I am also one of the people who struggle to maintain - but maintain I do. I will probably struggle with it for the rest of my life - but that's ok. I'm healthy and fit for the first time in my life too. I spent my 11 months on the diet thinking about how I would maintain at the end - coming up with all sorts of approaches and strategies. I still found it particularly tough for the first few months, but once I found something which worked for me I haven't looked back. I watch what I eat (max calories) and exercise hard - and I love it too! Does that mean that there are never temptations and thhat I never put a few pounds on? No - but then I take them off again and carry on.

I think it's important to consider how you got to the point where you needed to lose weight. If you can recognise how that happened then it helps to what changes need to be made to not get back there again. For me I now know that I've fed thirst all my life, cause I thought that was hunger, and I also dulled my "feeling full" sensor. I can't actually physically eat the amount of food I used to eat - but, most importantly I think, I now have the confidence to know that I won't fall over from hunger, I don't need to keep topping up my blood sugar, or to keep eating just in case I don't get the chance to later on. I also don't eat by the clock now, I eat when I'm hungry.

This is working so far, but I'm very much at the beginning of maintaining, and still probably wanting to lose some more, but they've helped me not gain when I've come out of ketosis (apart from the water/glycogen gain).

I lost approx 5st with LL approx 5 years ago. start weight 13st13lbs Going from size 18 to a size 8-10. I've maintained pretty well my lowest weight was 9st3lbs, over the past year I've relaxed my diet/exercise and my weight has gone up to 10st10lbs and I'm wearing size 12 bottoms & 10 tops... so I'm starting slim & save tomorrow (when my packs arrive) I think you can maintain if you work at it. I know it's a constant battle for me

Back