Have I blown it on the first day?

Krsemma

Hello, I went to my first meeting last night so started slimming world this morning. Can you let me know what you think about what I've eaten today?

Breakfast - 28g muesli (heb), blueberries, strawberries, skimmed milk (0.5 syns), Nettle tea

Snacks - options hot choc (1.5 syns)

Lunch - Jacket potato, beans, 42g low fat cheese (hea), mango, sugar free squash

Snack - options hot choc (1.5 syns)

Dinner - homemade bolognase, wholemeal pasta, sugar free squash, creme egg :cry:!! (8.5 syns)

I know theres debate at the moment about adding the superfree foods into your meal but apart from that how have I done? I'm just worried as I've had 12.5 syns and my c said to stick to 10 for your first few weeks. Also I'm rubbish at eating fruit and veg but have tried!

You don't blow it in a single day or even a single week, but it looks fine to me. Sw says you can have between 5 and 15 syns a day and even if it didn't 2.5 syns is only 50 extra calories so hardly likely to have an effect on you losses.

I would not wrry about syns as you can have a limit of 15 and I also most of the tm have 15 and have lost nearly two stone!
Also the whole sf food seems like crap from the debate link at the moment so I would not worry about that
although i would say options hot choc is 2 syns I believe but I would double check to make sure

Thank you! I forgot the 0.5 I counted for the tomato puree too but wasn't sure how to count that when I only put 1 tbspn in the whole recipe for 4 portions? I thought options were 2 but when I looked it up on the website it said 1.5? I need to stick to 1 a day but it was so cold today!

If you are using milk on your cereal make sure you measure it. 0.5 syns is only 3 tablespoons full x

Your puree is fine if you only had 1 tbsp for the whole portion of 4 servings, the syns will be negliable but yeah your options is defo 2 syns.

One of the thing I do for my spag bol is dice up small a lrg carrot, piece of celery and a courgette (skin off) as well as mushrooms etc to try and get your superfree veg in there.

The reason they say 10 syns is just in case you underguestimate your syns, when cooking.

hun don't beat yourself up i think u have had a great first day. like most others have said u r allowed 15 syns hun. some cons say 10 syns so u have a some in reserve incase u go over.
i have 15 syns every day hun. so i have something to cut down on if i start to struggle

Regarding the options chocolate it depends which one you are having. I know as I buy the individual sachets as I like to have a bit of variety. The crackling hazelnut one is only 1.5 syns, whereas others like the belgian choc are 2. The white choc ones are more 2.5 I think.

Thanks for your support everyone. It was the hazelnut options I looked up so that will explain it! I measured out 3 tablespoons of milk as I hate soggy cereal and stuffed my spag bol with onions, mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes. I was worried the diet seemed complicated but I think I've cracked it!! Thank you for all your help and suggestions....it's helped me understand I'm on the right track! xxx

Back