Have I ruined everything?

KatieCB

Am feeling a bit rubbish. After my WI on Wednesday (I lost 9lbs):D I celebrated with a couple of glasses of fizz.

Then last night my friend cooked me a stirfry as she wanted company and a nice meal....i then had some wine too!!! :-(

Im back on the diet today, but Im wondering how much Ive jeapordised my weight loss this week. D you think I've done much damage?:sigh:

Katie

Well for a start the last thing you need to do is beat yourself up about it! Otherwise you will end up on very big slippery slope.

What is done is done - no changing it now. What you need to do is concentrate on being 100% from now on in!

I'm not sure it's even worth worrying about how much you have affected your loss this week, as it will have at least to some degree, and ultimately you are never going to find out by how much!

However if you get back 100% now you have a good chance of a loss.

It's so easy to have a blip! More important now is how you move on from that. Forgive yourself and carry on all the fantastic work you have done so far! You know you can do it, you have proved that!

Come on your worth it! Xx

I would say the same as everyone else here but also add to be careful with alcohol and ketosis. You should be coming out of ketosis completely before drinking alcohol - it can be very, very dangerous! A couple of glasses probably won't have hurt but in future, it's probably best to make sure you have maybe an egg on toast at least in the morning before drinking :)

In terms of ruining it all, I'm sure not, you can get straight back on. When I was on this last year I went for dinner once a week at my parents' - they eat low-carb food anyway but my meals with them never harmed my weight loss.

Back