Have the Meets died a death now??

Starlight

Gold Member
The Meets on here used to be such major events, have they had their day??

The Brum one in April ended up with a fraction of the people who signed up. Amsterdam came to nothing, Glasgow has come to nothing even the new Brum one later in the year hasnt had much response.

None seem to get a great response any more, whats happened :(

Not sure Sandy, do you think its this credit crunch? i went to the last Brum one and tho the turn out was small it was fun, but have to admit due to my family/cash situation i dont think i could afford to go to one that involved paying for a hotel, i cant be the only one in this situatuin but agree it would be a shame if they die out all together

Thats a shame. When I did WW I always enjoyed the meets, was great to put real names to real faces, and people are always so much "more" than on the boards iykwim?

I wonder...... I hope they perk back up. x

i no the feeling, i dontsign up for them now as when i booked my belfast meet and air ticket it feel through.

The meets are fantastic and you have such a great time. They serve many purposes:

1. Inspiration - you are able to meet flesh and bone examples of what can be achieved, not just airbrushed magazine pictures. These people are real!

2. Empathy - you will find empathy like no other, from those people who are undergoing the journey and from those who have completed it. The kind of empathy that isn't forthcoming from even the most well-intentioned friend or loved one.

3. Friends - you make new friends and meet people who's paths you wouldn't cross normally!

4. Travel - you are able to see places you've wanted to go to, but didn't have the guts, time or the reason to go to before ... in my case, Dublin, Portsmouth & York

So come on everybody, who reads this, whether you are a newby or an oldie, whether you use Slimming World or Sultan Zogg's Weightloss Plan (ALL are wlecome) come to the Minimins meets if you can!!!

:D

I would love to go on another meet, as i have some lovely friends on here who i would love to see.

The Meets on here used to be such major events, have they had their day??

The Brum one in April ended up with a fraction of the people who signed up. Amsterdam came to nothing, Glasgow has come to nothing even the new Brum one later in the year hasnt had much response.

None seem to get a great response any more, whats happened :(

Liverpool is coming up very soon and the last time I looked there was a huge list:confused:

Back