have you tried !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
Remember when you was a kid and your Gran would make you a salad with beetroot on it,,,,yuk

Well I have never touched it since, tried it this week with Quorn sausage and cant believe how nice it is, always ready in the fridge, great as a standby, if you have never tried it give it a go, will help boost your weight loss as it stops me filling up with other stuff

I have always always hated beetroot, I hated the vinegar and hated the way it turned everything red. But.....

Since I started growing it last year I LOVE it!! Pick em small and cook and serve without vinegar and it's lovely. In salad, in risotto, with cooked meats, yum yum yum

(makes your wee wee red though!)

Big up the beetroot!

I loved it grated on a salad, I'm not too keen on the pickled beetroot that you buy in a jar I think it spoils the sweet taste, so I always use fresh beetroot, boiled and then sliced or grated....

Oooh i love home grown beetroot - roasted in the oven - yummy! :)

I never used to like steak but recently have decided it's actually quite nice! - Amazing how your tastes change eh?

I love the stuff any way it comes! I have been known (many a time) to eat it straight from the jar if I'd had the munchies. Same with pickled onions!
Beetroot is fab with a cheese sauce on it like cauliflower.

I never knew you could eat it so many ways, gonna try the roasted in the oven way, what a healthy lot you all are

Back