Haven

raudi

One Last Time.......
Hi all

Just booked me and OH, DS and DD a week at Hopton

1) anyone been there
2) please let the sun shine

No, hav'nt been there.. but i hope u enjoy it.

This time next week we will be there, just hope the weather sticks around as i could make do with the outdoor pool in this weather! :)

I go to Haven twice a year on girlie holidays :) Never been to Hopton tho we always go to the one near yarmouth, sure you,ll enjoy every minute of it tho

Nikki x

thanks Nikki, which one near Yarmouth we have been to Seashore and Caister, Hoptonj is close to Yarmouth too

I use to go to the Caister one (but I live in Yarmouth now so I don't really go there any more!) :) Ive never been to the Hopton one, but I'm sure it will be great :)) Seems like you know the area pretty well if you've been before, but if you need any pointers on boot sales, nice places to eat or anything else just let me know ;-) Take care, Laura x

Hi Girls

I actually work for Haven in their Head Office and Hopton is lovely. I was there in June and - (I'm not being paid to say this obviously) it's one of my faves that I've been to.

Hope you have a lovely time and that the sun shines for you :)

thanks Nikki, which one near Yarmouth we have been to Seashore and Caister, Hoptonj is close to Yarmouth too

I,ve been to Caister a couple of times but mainly go to seashore now :)

Hope you have a fab time

Nikki x

Thanks girls,

A pointer for a couple of kid friendly restaurants would be great

Haven't been there but have been to a Haven place in Holland - fantastic for kids. Hope you have a lovely time!

I love Haven.

When my boys were younger we went to Haven sites at least twice each year. On the cheap! Low Season chalet or camping in our little dome tent. Fantastic value, half-price pitches and full use of site facilities.

I used to love little Felixstowe, because the site there is so close to the seafront. Pebble beach, alas, but a lovely traditional seaside resort.

Heacham I did not like. Too small and quiet, too few on-site facilities. Caister I love, Gt Yarmouth in general I love!

You are so making me want to go to the seaside again. But my boys are both grown and flown.

Like I said, I work for Haven so if you ever want to book, PM me first and I can sort you out an extra discount most of the time.

We went to Haven perran sands Cornwall back in April and we really enjoyed it especially the 2 kids. We are going to go away end of this month too for a long weekend, been thinking about Burnham on sea this time ... has anyone been there?

Hi Raudi, not sure if you have gone yet, but if not there is a charlie chalk restaurant in Lowestoft which is not far from you. Basically when you get to the main roundabout in hopton, you can either go right to Great Yarmouth or left to Lowestoft, if you take the left to Lowestoft and just follow that round along you will come to a big round about with tescos on the left and a big charlie chalk restaurant (Potters Kiln) which is great for the kids and also cheap!! :) Hope that helps. Take care, Laura x

Like I said, I work for Haven so if you ever want to book, PM me first and I can sort you out an extra discount most of the time.

Oooh Lollypop thats good to know :D I feel a pm coming on lol

Blingybabe, think Seashore's the best one we've been to so far, in fact liked it so much went 3 times :p the summer before last and then we were lucky to get our 'Sun' holiday there too :p

Glad you had a good time Rache :)

No problem whatsoever! Its nice to be able to give something back.

Haven at Hopton is about 5 minutes from where I live!!

Anyway it is lovely up there, Hopton is between Yarmouth and Lowestoft and only a few minutes from Pleasurewood Hills which is a "goodish" day out for the kids etc. They have just got a big new ride there which apparently is excellent, if you pop into Tesco at Lowestoft they usually do 2-4-1 entry at the park.

Apart from that Hopton is very quiet, the park itself is good and has a lot to do but apart from that you have other holiday parks like Potters Leisure Resort and a few houses and that is about it.

But Hopton is on the A12 so you literally turn left to go to Lowestoft in 5 minutes or right and then Yarmouth in 5 minute. Yarmouth of course has the seafront, pleasure beach and arcades etc, if you like it quieter then stop at Gorleston which is before Yarmouth as that is a bit more relaxed, if you like noise then Yarmouth is the place!

Anyway have a lovely time!

Mike

My brother has just got back from another week at Haven Seashore, hes been going twice a year for the past 3 years with his two kids and they really like it.

We are now looking at either Lydstep in Tenby or Burnham on sea for 3 nights at the end of this month, just a short break before the kids go back the following week and it wont be far to travel either, max 2 hours in the car. Hope they are ok never been to either before?

Back