Having an afternoon off

Shopaholic

is back to finish the job
As the title says I'm going to take some time off the diet tomorrow. It is my daughter's 1st birthday and I've decided to allow myself to enjoy it with in reason. I want to have a small bit of birthday cake and have some BBQ food. I'm not going to go mad. I know I'll pay for this on Monday but I'm making a rational decision, rather than cheat. Does this make sense?

Makes sense, and as with any diet you still have to live on it. Its good you have made a decision and know that you will have a wee bit extra on CD.

I'm not wording that properly, but trying to say well done in a roundabout way! Have a nice day :D

As the title says I'm going to take some time off the diet tomorrow. It is my daughter's 1st birthday and I've decided to allow myself to enjoy it with in reason. I want to have a small bit of birthday cake and have some BBQ food. I'm not going to go mad. I know I'll pay for this on Monday but I'm making a rational decision, rather than cheat. Does this make sense?
I have same problem on 11th June - its my sons 1st birthday!!!! we are also having a BBQ - ive decided to do SS+ that day so i can have a bit of BBQ chicken!! Yippppeeeeee!! ha ha
Its only 1 day so i wouldnt fret too much. She's only 1 once :)

wouldn't ever shout at anyone. Caution against making ill thought out decisions perhaps, but at the end of the day its your diet and you're the one that has to live with any choices that you make.

Oh forgot to say, so try and still have your packs though, just so your day is nutritionally balanced as possible :D

That's a good idea, will definitely be having breakfast and lunch shakes, will have to try and fit in dinner shake.

You see I haven't told any of my family that I'm on a diet - don't want any negative comments from them - none of them have ever succeeded in a diet, and I don't want to hear about that.

Well done on your decision to have a conscious break from the diet. Like you said it is just a break and not a cheat therefor you are less likely to overdo the birthday cake etc.
Have a lovely day with your daughter tomorrow. I hear the sun will be shining :D xx

You're braver than me!I wouldn't dare take an afternoon off as I know I'd struggle afterwards.Hope you have a great day.

Hey, I think everyone will go about the diet differently some people having planned in breaks and if that helps you to keep on the diet in the long run then that's fine.

Just want to give a word of warning - after 3 months on the diet I had a planned break about 3 weeks ago and have struggled so badly to get back on the diet ever since. It surprised me since i'd found the diet quite easy from the beginning. I'm having a fresh start from tomorrow.

I'm not trying to say not to have your break but just bear in mind it might be harder than you expect to get back onto it.

Hey Shopaholic, hope you have a good day today with your daughter. I had a conscious break from the full diet yesterday when I went to a friends wedding. I had a shake for breakfast and lunch but had the meal at the wedding. It was interesting to be in a situation with food, but I was so conscious of what I was being offered and the choices I made and I didn't overeat and I really enjoyed it as part of the wedding celebration. I feel that as it wasn't something I would eat normally at home I can separate it from my day to day life and diet. I am back on CD 100% today and off out for some gentle exercise in the sun this morning to burn off that (very small) piece of wedding cake.

Hope you have a good party.

Hiya hun. Enjoy ur afternoon off. It all depends on the indivdual. And you know yourself better than any of us. I took Sat off last week for my birthday and enjoyed every second of it. I did put on a 1lb but lost 8lbs this week and Im back on track 100%. You'll be fine hun xx

i wouldn't worry about it, you made a choice, which means you are thinking ahead still, and lets face it, as well as losing weight this diet is her to help us think about what we eat, so i commend you on having forethought

have a fun day, hope the party goes well

p.s you are doing brilliantly.

Hiya hon Ive had a night off last night I had one small slice of pizza (which filled me right up think my stomachs shrunk) and went out for dinner for my sisters birthday It was sunday dinner but i only managed to eat the chicken and maybe a mouthful or two of some veg (skipped the potatoes) and im soooo full off such a small amount of food! I know ill not have a good loss this week but we have to remeber we rule our own lives CD doesnt rule us.. aslong as we make the choices carefully theres no reason it will slow us down on CD :) I even got comments off the family that id lost loads it made me feel great. Hope you do well after your little break :)

Thanks everyone :D:D:D:D:D:D

I had a brilliant day, and I was so busy rushing around making sure everyone else had drinks and food, I didn't end up eating much at all. Down side of that is I didn't drink enough water so I've got a bit of a headache now.

I had half a slice of birthday cake, a burger without the bun and a sausage. Was about to eat a sausage roll but it fell on the floor so I saw it as fate!

I was a little naughty though and have a small dish of dessert, but I figured that all the rushing around more than made up for it.

Do you know, I had made up my mind to have some crusty bread, but when it came to it, I didn't want any! So, all in all, I feel pleased with the choices I made.

Hubby put my trampoline up this morning so I'm hoping to bounce off some of the calories tomorrow.

C is only going to be 1 once, and I know we all had a brilliant day and that's all I wanted.

Back on CD ss 100% tomorrow.

Meat - No problem, stick to lean stuff rather than fatty and even better stick with chicken or turkey, avoid bread and dressings if possible, this wont affect ketosis.
Cakes just cake and will ofcourse affect ketosis so if you feel that you dont actually really want it and are just forcing it in for the sake of it then dont eat it. Its hard to stop once started.
Dont be alarmed by what seem like silly weight gains, things will settle up within a few days.

Enjoy yourself whatever :)

Back