Going for Goal

Geekydee

So this is my first post about my weight loss attempt, really I guess that should be this weight loss attempt, as there have been many in the past!

I've known that I've needed to lose weight for a good while, I'm not in denial, I know that I'm obese but now I've realised that I really don't like that fact, or myself, and it's time for change.

The thing that made me want to really start this attempt is something that has made me feel disgusting in my own skin. I had to go upstairs for something the other week and I decided to run up the stairs, as I was bouncing up them, so was my fat and my belly slapped back down onto my thighs making a god awful slapping noise. This sound is what made me say enough is enough but it was coming up to Christmas so I knew better that to start a healthier lifestyle at the point where it would crash and burn before it even got going!

So here we are - I can't get to Slimming World groups due to the time of the day that they are held locally, I don't drive so can't go further afield and I have a family to be with so I didn't want to start taking time away from them either. This led me to buying the new Slimming World pack online and going it alone. So far I don't feel like I'm doing too bad a job of it but I am concerned that I'm not going to lose any weight as I seem to be eating more food now than I was before I started this. That being said, the food I am eating is much better so maybe it balances out in some way?!?! This is why I think a site like this is a necessary weapon in my fat busting arsenal - people here will know what I'm going through as they are going through it themselves but they will also have a huge wealth of knowledge that I can hopefully learn from. I just need to make sure that I engage for once, rather than sitting in the corner being afraid to talk like I normally do!

So the goal is a weight loss of 100lbs. The time in which to reach my goal ... I don't have one - I figure rather than trying to race to the finish, I should do this for as long as needed so that it becomes a healthy way of life rather than a fad diet so I will hopefully never see that 100lbs ever again. I am going to set smaller goals and rewards for myself though as 100lbs is quite a big target to aim for. As 100lbs is equal to just over 7 stone I'm going to do something for each stone that I lose, I haven't decided what I want yet but as a guide I'd say something like...

1st = Trip to the cinema
2st = New tattoo
3st = New dress
4st = New short hair cut
5st = New outfit
6st = New tattoo
7st = Family photo shoot

Let's see how we go!

Hello you!

Glad to see you've started a diary.

I think a lot of people feel that way with Slimming World but it clearly works, I know a girl who has lost about 10st and the meals she posts everyday look fab.

I love your goals for each 1st of weightloss, I set myself little goals aswell and you've just reminded me to add my rewards on to my own diary - thanks!

Dxxx

One thing I have realised is that even though I thought that I was prepared to start SW, I'd actually missed, or not thought through properly, quite a bit when it comes to lunch. I've planned my evening meals out fine and I make sure to keep breakfast simple what with the school run for my daughter and feeding/changing/anything-else-he-needsing my little boy but lunch was forgotten about somewhere in the mix of it all.

For the previous three days, I have made do with what I've had in the house that was going spare - which pretty much left me with various filled omelettes and beans every day. Now don't get me wrong, I love a good omelette but I think my gut is starting to pay the price, so today I nipped to the corner shop to see what they had on offer.

This is something that I desperately wanted to avoid as a. the shop is pretty awful and stocks very little which could have me bringing something home waaaaaay off the mark of what I should be eating and b. each and every time I have gone there in the past, I have bought a couple of chocolate bars for the walk home (like I live a five minute walk away and both bars would be eaten before I got home ... I'm overweight for a reason ya know :p ) so I was nervous that I'd just fall into my old habit of grabbing something to stuff my face with when I was queuing up to pay as you have to actually queue down the sweet aisle - brilliant for business I'm sure, but a nightmare for mums with kids looking for a treat and people like me who have trouble saying no to chocolate and sweets!

However, I am proud to say that the worry was unnecessary as I only grabbed a tin of beans, a pack of two baking potatoes and a bag of salad leaves ... I didn't even look at the chocolate! I know that I'm running on a bit of a first week determination high right now, which is why I didn't look, but this is still one step further than in some of my previous attempts where I will have snuck one anyways. Now I just have to work at making this my norm and then I'll have nothing to worry about.

Lesson learned ... when you plan out your meals for the week make sure to actually plan out ALL meals!

Hopefully next week I'll do better on that front.

We always forget something don't we!

It's good that you have used up some of what you had at home aswell cos that's saved you money too - yay.

I am the same at the shop or even the petrol station, so much temptation in the way isn't there.

Well done you for getting in and out of there without any mishaps - proud of you!

You know you can do it now so it's just a case of building this into your new habits, walk in get exactly what you need and walk out!

Dxxx

We always forget something don't we!

It's good that you have used up some of what you had at home aswell cos that's saved you money too - yay.

I am the same at the shop or even the petrol station, so much temptation in the way isn't there.

Well done you for getting in and out of there without any mishaps - proud of you!

You know you can do it now so it's just a case of building this into your new habits, walk in get exactly what you need and walk out!

Dxxx
Thanks ... It really can be a nightmare! - everything bad for you is all so bright and in your face and those type of places normally give you very few decent options so I'm trying to avoid them like the plague at this point until I know that I can trust myself to not want/need them/eat them to excess.

When I was paying, I felt like he was looking at me as if to say "and where's the rest?!?!" His profits may take a bit of a tumble now ;)

Yeah more than likely cos they will be used to what you usually buy.

Well Mr the times and me are a changing!

It's time to wave goodbye to those bad habits and say hello to the new us!

Dxxx

Hey! I'm new to posting on here as well, and we started on the same day :) I too have a lot to lose and really hope having people to talk to will help keep me focused. I love that you have mini goals, I wish I was as organised as you lol. Good luck (although weightloss isn't about luck, we are accountable for what we put in our mouths, that's my manta atm lol) x x

Back