Having another go at slim save

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
Hi , I did slim save early April , but only got 6 days under way ..... I,m getting fed up with false starts , my reason for losing a lot of weight are many , but i'm hoping to give it a good go till July half term on VLCD . I have a lot to lose 7 stone , but if I can get to July half term i'll be more than happy . I have ordered some awful slim save products , the white pack of porridge was awful but silver pack was lovely , so i'm learning , also vanilla was awful too , don't know if anyone else thinks this ? I'm fed up with staying like this and will try so hard to get a bulk off as I won't be the biggest mum in my daughters year , goodbye to that woman :)

Good on you, trying is halfway there!
It took me a while to figure out which sachets were the ones I liked, the two porridges confused me as Im sure the one described as sweet wasnt as sweet as the other one!
And the spicy spaghetti wasnt that spicy! tasty though.
try warming up or adding things to the ones youre not keen on (assuming youve got a few spares)
Ive got spares that Ive been ignoring, its not worth wasting one of my chances to eat in the day on a sachet I cant stand.

anyway, good luck!

I think I'm exactly the same.. can't stand the vanilla shake or the sweet porridge. Love everything else though! Stay focussed and of course you can do it :D xx

Hi , I did slim save early April , but only got 6 days under way ..... I,m getting fed up with false starts , my reason for losing a lot of weight are many , but i'm hoping to give it a good go till July half term on VLCD . I have a lot to lose 7 stone , but if I can get to July half term i'll be more than happy . I have ordered some awful slim save products , the white pack of porridge was awful but silver pack was lovely , so i'm learning , also vanilla was awful too , don't know if anyone else thinks this ? I'm fed up with staying like this and will try so hard to get a bulk off as I won't be the biggest mum in my daughters year , goodbye to that woman :)

I mixed the vanilla with hot water and coffee.. Tastes quite nice that way and helped get rid of them?

great ideas there , thank you ... I notice on slim save the shakes are thick too , which is not a good thing ... well times ticking by and I head to get my head down, as 7 stone is a lot to lose , i'm thinking by July 22nd maybe 3 stone off ..... that would make a huge difference to me . yes its a shame to waste the shakes and you really have to think how you can eat/drink them without gagging , as if you do think about it , your getting 4 aday so make them enjoyable . Hows everyone getting on and how do they stay on track ?

I have 3 items and a meal, that works for me I could miss my salad, chicken, fish, veg and eggs to much. My first week was 10 loss so makes no diff if have three packs and meal or four packs losses will be the same. I'm loving this diet on my fourth wk now, did go away few days, but found it so easy to get back on track. Back in ketosis now so very happy. Good luck

If you think about it a week at a time it will feel easier. My experience with vlcd is great. Not always easy but its def worth it! Seeing results is so motivating! Dont think about 7 stone give yourself mini targets and you will soon be mini too :) the coffee and hot water tip is great :) xxxxx

Thanks girlies ..... yes could have 3 packs and a meal ...... does anyone have coke zero ? well i'll be doing them a roast today ..... I feel I have had too many days that I wake up thinking about diets , saying this is the day , and just goes downhill , my two voices in my head and getting to be a nightmare .... its like yesterday sitting in my sons car in the sports seats I felt huge ..... I know fullwell that doing this diet during the winter its a no no , I get too cold , I know its not summer now lol but a lot better than winter . yes great idea about week by week , I know it will become a habbit soon rather than an excuse . Better make an order as I have say 4 days worth of vlcd . I was going to go on Cambridge diet but by bmi to high and doctor charges which they should not as I was told if you lose weight by going to the GP they get points for it and what do they make .... that's right prizes so I refuse to pay for my form to be signed to line her pockets they already get money for seeing us ... which I hardly go .
Lets see what today brings .... hope everyones having a good melting day :)

Your on the right track to making heathly choices, I did CB once only lasted one week, this time round no problems really. I did have planned occasion when off plan for 4 days but was straight back on it with no problems. I think the meal will help as 7 st is a lot to loss and you don't want to feel totally deprived. Good luck and join our 12 wk challenge.

Your on the right track to making heathly choices, I did CB once only lasted one week, this time round no problems really. I did have planned occasion when off plan for 4 days but was straight back on it with no problems. I think the meal will help as 7 st is a lot to loss and you don't want to feel totally deprived. Good luck and join our 12 wk challenge.
Hi there , interested in joining , i'll find it shortly .... you seem your on your way to slimvalley . I do have afew demons at the moe , i'm talking myself into vlcd and as fast as I do i'm talking myself out of it .... yes having few problems getting my head around it .....
How is it going for you ? you say you did CB , you mean Cambridge diet ?

Hi there, good for you giving it another go. Firstly the shakes - make them up with more water if you find them too thick, or blend them with a little crushed ice, I love vanilla, second only to the old cookies and cream (don't like the new one with crunchy bits). Make sure you get enough water in and add salt to your packs where you can - this helps with all the weirdy symptoms you get while your body adjusts to using ketones as energy. Also consider taking a chelated magnesium supplement, really helps with cravings.

Sometimes if I've really been struggling I break it down by the hour - have a coffee and see if I still want a biscuit in an hours time, then look again, see if I want it in another hour etc - sounds a bit daft but you feel quite an achievement for resisting in this way! Mostly I think, is to talk to yourself like you are talking to your best friend, what advice would you give them?

Hi there, good for you giving it another go. Firstly the shakes - make them up with more water if you find them too thick, or blend them with a little crushed ice, I love vanilla, second only to the old cookies and cream (don't like the new one with crunchy bits). Make sure you get enough water in and add salt to your packs where you can - this helps with all the weirdy symptoms you get while your body adjusts to using ketones as energy. Also consider taking a chelated magnesium supplement, really helps with cravings.

Sometimes if I've really been struggling I break it down by the hour - have a coffee and see if I still want a biscuit in an hours time, then look again, see if I want it in another hour etc - sounds a bit daft but you feel quite an achievement for resisting in this way! Mostly I think, is to talk to yourself like you are talking to your best friend, what advice would you give them?
Hi! I see some of your posts over the months and you've been such a strong person , amazing photos too I saw I think before your Holiday , how was it to go away knowing you had lost so much weight ?
Some really good advice there , you know i'm really feeling back in the running of VLCD , today has been two boiled eggs , I had voices talking to me saying you had todo an egg mayo sandwich, I was talking myself into it and thought nooooooo I DON'T , I don't need another fail days its making me unhappy .... so its now 2:30pm and just two boiled eggs , I may have that cookies cream its a free sample, then have a look what I have left in my box .
If I was talking to a friend i'd say , its only you can do this but theres people to help when you need them, a phone call , or this site also think about why your doing your plan and go for it sooner the better .
I know how easy my mind can turn from positive to negative .... any tips ? Are you back on slim save ? any advice is welcome !!!!!

Going away was weird to say the least. I started on LL/S&S as soon as I returned from holiday last September - we go a few times a year if the flights are cheap enough to the same place, and so we know everyone in the resort. It was really strange as none of them had seen my progress so all remembered me 5 stone heavier at the very end of last season, and then I went back right at the start of this season. One of our friends ignored me completely and gave my OH a telling off for bringing his new girlfriend to the place where everyone knew his fiancee - he apologised the following day as he hadn't realised it was me! Our tattooist summed it up very nicely by saying "You are very changed from last year", bless him. Of course, being the self critical beings we are, I wasn't happy with my excess skin, and the muffin top it creates when I sit down - hence why I want to tone up. That said, I did stare rather a lot at a girl who went on the same fishing trip as us, she had an amazing figure and looked fantastic in her bikini - but when she sat down with her shorts on, she too had a muffin top hanging over. In an odd way that made me feel quite different, like it's normal to have that when seated! I've never been skinny, so this thin malarky is all new to me.

I'm sort of back on S&S. I returned from holiday wanting to do that toning and got back on, losing the few pounds I'd put on since coming out of ketosis, and setting a challenging target for the next holiday. Then the carb monsters took over after I got a dizzy bug and it all went pear shaped (more like crisp shaped!). Undid that first week in 3 days but learnt a lot about myself in the process. So I'm back in ketosis from low carbing and seriously considering doing 5:2 intermittent fasting, with 5 days at low carb, 2 days on vlc (S&S). That might end up as more like JUDDD but staying low carb. Not sure yet, keeping my ketosis options open for now :)

hehe the holiday , no one knew it was you , hehe thinking your hubby took his fancy piece lol must of felt good after all your hard work ! LL I like their stuff , but thought how much it would be as i'd need 4 packs plus 15 on top , I think they want you todo it for at least 12 weeks , am I right ? did you do it for long ? I don't mind paying for 6 weeks to get a head start then wasp to Slim save but think they want you there longer ?
yes JUDDD is good .....its keeping the weight from creeping back on which I know a lot of people think once they lost it they can return to their old ways ,at least you know how hard you worked to get it off and keep it off and are finding ways to stay slim . i'm doing well so far , I was looking what to order from slim save just now , I really cant leave it any longer than tomorrow to place this order , feeling good about what i'm doing it was really making me fed up with false starts .
What things habve you noticed since losing weight that make you smile ?

I only did LL for 2 weeks, a total of 3 meetings, didn't really gel with the leader or the group, there was only one other person consistent in my 3 meetings and it's not supposed to be done like that with the therapy side of it. I disliked the packs apart from the soup but figured that would have to do, then I read about S&S on the LL support site believe it or not, and so defected over on week 3. Personally I wouldn't waste all that money unless you really feel you'll get a lot out of the counselling side. I got more from buying The Beck Diet Solution and from the support on here and the official S&S forum on their website. But it's a personal thing and many others (my sister in law included) think LL is fab - but to be fair she hadn't heard of S&S when she did LL ;)

There are lots of things that make me smile now. Size 10 dresses (ok they are a bit stretchy but so were my 22's!), going to the loo and realising you've not unbuttoned your jeans - and they are a New Look 14, we all know their sizes are cut small - well their 18's were when I was trying to squeeze into them. Buying a Belvia bodysuit in a small and it fits, then trying on the same outfit without the Belvia body suit on and realising you don't actually need it. Being able to dry twice as much on the drier as my clothes are smaller so more fits on. My Dad calling me skinny minnie. My Mum giving me clothes that are too small for her after a lifetime of me doing that to her. The list is endless, it really is so very much nicer being thinner, however much I thought being bigger was ok, it's really not, and in every single aspect of my life, it's so much better now - with one exception - my bank balance - now I am not limited to one or two shops with clothes that fit me, I can go a bit banana's buying new stuff! :D

So true about clothes shops , think evans has gone under now ? they were pricey . the shop yours I have to go in , I keep meaning to say goodbye too it.... . wow size 10 from 22 , for me used to be size 10 now 22 , hey lets reverse this now get back there .
keep smiling ok ....
with LL , I liked their stuff i'm thinking of returning as slim save i'm finding to thick and a strange taste , i'm wondering if you can do 6 weeks on it thenleave due to money ? What do you think , yes theres ment to be about 6 in a group or more , you know no one has any money now , but I think I can do 6 weeks that will help big time . I joined one out of my town in 09 , theres one in my town but I clicked more with the other woman running the group in another town . Ho odd on LL to have slim save ? was it on there main site ?

Hi there , interested in joining , i'll find it shortly .... you seem your on your way to slimvalley . I do have afew demons at the moe , i'm talking myself into vlcd and as fast as I do i'm talking myself out of it .... yes having few problems getting my head around it .....
How is it going for you ? you say you did CB , you mean Cambridge diet ?
Yes sorry mean CD once, I didn't last long. For one it is so expensive and yes when your consultant is rubbish that does not help. You have to be 100% committed you will struggle else. So stay focused on why you are doing this, your be ok then.

I love charity shops I know a lot of people would snub them but I love them, a lot of people who have lost weight send clothes so you can get good bargains, also I don't want to be spending loads if they won't fit me for long. I had some gorgeous linen m&s long shirts £2 each last week, looked like never been worn. Also last year wanted cropped demin jacket they were all £30, got one few months ago, still had label in it for £4 was so chuffed.

I love charity shops I know a lot of people would snub them but I love them, a lot of people who have lost weight send clothes so you can get good bargains, also I don't want to be spending loads if they won't fit me for long. I had some gorgeous linen m&s long shirts £2 each last week, looked like never been worn. Also last year wanted cropped demin jacket they were all £30, got one few months ago, still had label in it for £4 was so chuffed.

Hi Dolly, yes, my friend always gets handbags from them , you've got people with money they wear something once or never , hey that's our bargain lol . cotton went up over a year ago that's made clothes go up .
My CDC who I was going to see was good, but I wont line my doctors pockets as my bmi is high . really thinking of giving myself 6 weeks of LL as that's really pushing the money , I like some savoury slim saves , but the shakes are becoming to make me not want them , they are so thick and taste strange. the porridge in the silver pack is nice but the white pack I can't stomach .
So your CDC was rubbish , yes I've had a few of them .... you get to know when they try rushing you out the door after 15 mins , that's not good .
You seem to be doing well ?

Lol 15 mins this one didn't even take my measurements. Just said these are the products pick your flavours, your also need to buy this book, tells you how it works. She didn't tell me anything. Weighed me and said see u next week, no good luck ring me if u need me. Think lasted 2/3 weeks and then gave her a piece of my mind after I found out how she was suppose to do it. Didn't need consultant anyway, I do better doing it on my own and a lot cheaper, £25per week instead of £45 -£50. Your doing really well. X

Back