Having another go!

chrisbn7

Hey everyone,

I'm Chris, and this is my second crack at Slimming World.

I joined the first time around in September 2009, and in the first 6 months or was really pleased with my results. I lost over 2 stone, hit my Club 10, and all was well. :D

I became disillusioned with our class leader, who clearly had 3 favourites in the group. Week after week, the same three were asked the same questions. It became tedious, even the members looked embarrased by it, and I thought now I had the tools I'd be a smart arse and manage it myself. :rolleyes:

So here I am, two years later, the heaviest I have ever been :cry:, and hoping SW can do it's magic for a second time :cool:

My wife has been trying to keep up with her Slimming World through all this, but to be honest and fair to her, I've been a huge distraction with my crisps and pizzas and beer.

So on Tuesday, we both decided to join as new members at a different class she's been going to with a colleague of hers. Supporting each other, I am hopeful we will succeed again together.

The things I'll be doing differently this time are:

1. Keeping up with my food diary
  2. Continuing to attend even when I'm pleased with the results
  3. Make full use of this forum, I didn't use it before but I'm determined to use all the tools I have available
Three days in, and all is well. Meals have all been within syn values, and healty a and b's are all being taken care of.

Challenge one is tonight, eating out at Ask with friends. I'm off to research what's acceptable and what isn't on their menu :confused:

I'm having a syn free day, so I have 15 to play with....

Fingers crossed!

Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry things didn't go so well last time around and hope this time will be different for you :)

Back