Having soup that isn't a HE!?

razzledazzle

Is it really bad to occasionally have mushroom soup that isn't really an HE but count it as one (the syn value is less than 6 for the amount I want)??

I know its tweaking but I didn't think it would make a massive difference to my weight or well being.

What do we reck?

Jo x

Hi Jo, I have been tempted myself to do this but (and I'm no expert) it's not just the syn value as HEB's have a certain amount of fibre in so if you replace then you would not be getting the right amount of fibre.

For example a curlywurly is 6 syns but I couldn't swap as a HEB.

I think that is right but I am sure someone will be along shortly with more experience

But what about if I don't have 2 HB's every day?

My consultant says we don't have to have them ..... so anyone not having 2HB's a day wouldn't be getting enough fibre anyway .... if it were that important wouldn't SW say we HAD to have the 2 HB's? (just wondering).

Jx

Personally I can't get away with any tweaking - sorry I am no help!

But what about if I don't have 2 HB's every day?

My consultant says we don't have to have them ..... so anyone not having 2HB's a day wouldn't be getting enough fibre anyway .... if it were that important wouldn't SW say we HAD to have the 2 HB's? (just wondering).

Jx

Not sure Jo as my C says we should always have 2 HEB's but 1 or 2 HEA's. Hopefully someone else can answer this one for us xx

Hobbithead has it spot on- and the official SW view is to use your HEXs (although you can have 1-2 As on Red/green)

Have the mushroom soup, but syn it to make sure you are sticking to the 'rules'. If you struggle to use your HEX Bs why not try Alpen light bars- you can have 2 for 1 B choice and the chocolate fudge/chocolate orange ones are FIT?

Oooh really? When I rejoined SW recently one lady asked the Consultant about HB's because she was struggling to have them (I've never had that problem tho!) and the C said it wasn't really an issue if you didn't have 2 each day!

Hhhhmm!! What about EE then? You're only allowed 1HB a day and 1HA ... how do they know you're including enough fibre in your day??

x

I wouldn't change the soup but then I can't get away with any tweaking either! I stick to it and it works, I don't and it doesn't!

I'm only a newbie to the EE plan - but i would guess the point of this plan is that you fill your plate with a third superfree food - so that's where you're getting the extra fibre so you don't need the extra HE....

I would assume you would be getting more fibre on a EE day because you are mixing the 2 food groups more and not limiting them, thats why you only have 2 HEX's.

If the soup is only 6 syns then its not an awful lot of syns anyway so i would just syn it x

Are you sure you have the full story my consultant and I had this conversation a few weeks ago and I was told I didn't need to eat all my HE as I could not physicalydo so- but I'm breast feeding and on green so 2a 2b and 4 extra would mean 8 and there was no way I could plus my weight loss was at 1/2 per week

Oh for crying out loud...

Just choose a mushroom soup that you CAN have as a HEb and all is groovy.

Asda Mushroom FRESH Soup, 600g pot. (I am guessing this is in the chiller with the other soups in pots) A 300g serving of this pot in a HEb.

You could also have a 330g pouch of Green Giant Harvest Mushroom soup

El sorted??? :D

Oh for crying out loud...

Just choose a mushroom soup that you CAN have as a HEb and all is groovy.

Asda Mushroom FRESH Soup, 600g pot. (I am guessing this is in the chiller with the other soups in pots) A 300g serving of this pot in a HEb.

You could also have a 330g pouch of Green Giant Harvest Mushroom soup

El sorted??? :D
You do make me laugh so often thank you xx

I was actually just using that as an example ........but hey ho!!!!!

(and besides, I like to know the reasoning behind things rather than just following blindly!)!

!

I'm sorry but it really irratates me when i hear C's giving out advise like that.

sw puts food in 3 seperate catagorys. ALL of which are a neccisary part of the eating plan.
Free food, healthy extras and syns.

.. if your not going to use one of them, then your NOT doing sw are you, your just eating healthily? essentially following your own plan.

- if you dont combine all three catagorys as advised, 2 hebs and 1-2 hea's or 1 of each for the EE plan, and you do not use syns, or fill up on free and super free foods, you will not be doing the plan properly, thus although you may lose wieght through your own healthy eating plan, you cannot expect the sw plan to work without doing it 100%

i think your consultants talking poo!

im sure you can find a soup that has mushrooms in it, or try and find a recipe and make your own? which will more likley be completly free, or even just syn! lol.. thats what its there for.

i think mushroom soup is YUCK. anyways. :p

It winds me up too when C's give out different advice ....... I remember going to a different class and the C there said you had to use your 5-15 syns a day or lose them whereas ours says you can save them up and just have them as and when over the week!

I do wish they'd all sing from the same hymn sheet!

And its no good asking my C any 'technical' questions as she usually answers - I don't know how it works, it just does! Which is why I come on here and ask the why's and wherefore's! I don't think that 'I don't know' is really a constructive answer to be giving in class!

Back