HB's Birthday Meal - help required

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Hi everyone, I have been out voted :( I was hoping to do something not food related for hb's Birthday in Dec. I am going for a sit down meal. I have found the menu on the restaurants website and wondered whether you could have a look and let me know what would be the best options for me. Please note that I fully intend on skipping dessert and having black coffee at this point! GlassBoat Restaurant Bristol | Events at Glassboat Thanks in advance, i'm getting anxious about it!

Hi Emma, I would go for the salmon to start and the Turkey for main and avoid the potatoes if you can. Enjoy it and try and maybe fit some extra gentle exercise in that week. Have a lovely time xx.

Hi Emma, what a dilemma! If I were you I'd go for the menu below....

Drinks - diet coke (still feels like you are drinking something and it will make a nice change from still/sparking water)

Starter - Carpaccio of Devonshire beef 9.50 w/ rocket, parmesan, caper berries
Main - Roast wild halibut 20.00 w/ puy lentil, smoked bacon, anchovy, rosemary

I'd avoid anything that's got potato in or pasta - I'm guessing that way you would get back into ketosis quicker? this is only my opinion, I'm sure a CDC will be along shortly and tell you what's good to go for and what's not good.

x

Hi Emma, what a dilemma! If I were you I'd go for the menu below....

Drinks - diet coke (still feels like you are drinking something and it will make a nice change from still/sparking water)

Starter - Carpaccio of Devonshire beef 9.50 w/ rocket, parmesan, caper berries
Main - Roast wild halibut 20.00 w/ puy lentil, smoked bacon, anchovy, rosemary

I'd avoid anything that's got potato in or pasta - I'm guessing that way you would get back into ketosis quicker? this is only my opinion, I'm sure a CDC will be along shortly and tell you what's good to go for and what's not good.

x

LOL - What menu are you looking at hun? These things sound lovely, but aren't on the Christmas menu that I linked!!! lol

Ah, I can see what you have done! On the link on my first post, it brings you to the "Christmas Dinner Menu" if you scroll down! Thanks for going to the trouble of finding the main food menu through the link though ;) Hugs x x x

Emma i would skip the starter and for the main go for the Bream but make sure no sauce with Wilted greens but make sure not cooked in Butter ask for them steamed. Skip the potatoes. SHould be like a SS+ meal then xxx Sounds fab all of it but be strong xxx

Hmmmm, I think the link is taking people elsewhere! This is the menu (copied and pasted!) StartersLightly spiced parsnip soup, coriander, cashewsSmoked mackerel & horseradish pate, pickled dill cucumberGoat cheese, thyme & chestnut mushroom tart,Confit duck and chicken terrine, cranberry and thyme chutney black pepper, roasted pearCrispy crumbed pork belly, pickled red cabbage, grain mustard dressingTreacle cured salmon, beetroot & pink peppercorn dressing(D)MainsAlderwood cheddar, wild rice & sultana strudel, apple, walnut, rocket saladSeared Scottish salmon, crushed tartare potato, citrus sauceRoast crown of turkey, chestnut puree, truffle, pancetta stuffing, gravyWhole roasted sea bass, tomato, squid, saffron stewRoasted Barbary duck leg, chive mash potato, chorizo and sherrySlow cooked venison, maple and rosemary roasted root veg (D)

mmmm amazing menu, ok i would stick with fish (protein, good for you and light, shouldnt take you out of ketosis) if you can, the whole sea bass has no big potato dish (unless i didnt see) and you can eat the whole fish, it will then also look like you've eaten alot to eveyone else as it will be the biggest thing on your plate!
xx

Yes I agree - I did think seabass would be the best option. It's the starters that is confusing me! A few people have suggested skipping starters, which I am considering tbh - but I would find it too weird skipping a starter and dessert. I'm not good at doing this, especially when I'm going to be being 'fussy' anyway asking for sauces to be removed etc! So i'd rather have one and deal with the consequences! :)

can you not have the slamon starter? i know fish and fish though! x

Yep, i think that is what I will do! Salmon for starters and seabass for main. I think they are the best options on the menu. I just wanted to make sure! Thanks everyone for your input and advice! Hugs x x x

That's why I would go for Turkey and veg as it's on the ss+ list.

Ah, I can see what you have done! On the link on my first post, it brings you to the "Christmas Dinner Menu" if you scroll down! Thanks for going to the trouble of finding the main food menu through the link though ;) Hugs x x x

Doh! sorry Emma - ha ha, you probably thought I was going mental (not far off the truth, sadly!) Anyway, you are sensible, I'm sure you won't blow all your hard work on something fatty and likely to make you put on. Have a wonderful evening xx

Doh! sorry Emma - ha ha, you probably thought I was going mental (not far off the truth, sadly!) Anyway, you are sensible, I'm sure you won't blow all your hard work on something fatty and likely to make you put on. Have a wonderful evening xx

Thank you hun :) Hugs x x

Back