Birthday Meal Help?

lisi

Hello All.

Basically its my mums birthday next weekend and on my WI day I have decided to cook us both a nice meal, which is WW friendly and around 8-10 points? I want it to be something my mum will enjoy as well as she's not dieting herself.

Perhaps something with chicken? Something magical to do with the mushrooms?

I'll probably make a starter and main meal (dessert for mum but not me) and I have all day to prepare this :D

I have 20 points a day. I use 4 on breakfast and 2 on milk throughout the day. I can have a 0 point lunch so will have the rest to eat at night time.

Any help/ideas much appreciated - I apologise for waffling :)

Ooh your options are endless. I like to make coq au van for special occassions. As its very yummy and filling for very little points. Heres my recipie

2 chicken breasts - 5 points (Depends on size but roughly 2.5 each)
200ml of red wine (i get a full bodied red which is the cheapest they have and that does the job) 2 points
Colaman coq au van mix - 1 point per packet
Onions/shallots diced and a some garlic crushed as much as taste required. - 0 points
Two bay leaves 0 points
Mushrooms - 0
ww bacon 2 rashers - 1 point

Soften mushrooms garlic, bacon and onion in a pan. Add chicken breast whole just enough to whiten both sides.
Place all the ingredients into a priax cooking dish.
Mix up colmans mix as said on packet and add wine.
Poor over contence of cooking dish and add two bayleaves.
Leave in oven until chicken is cooked through around and hour and a half.
Serve with 2 points of boiled potatos and 0 point veg of choice i have green beans, brocholi and carrots.

Works out 6 point per person if you have it with the 2 points of potatoes really filling and very yummy and a special meal too.

If you mum likes mushrooms there is a mushroom curry recipie on this page somewhere that is 0 points maybe that could be a starter with some nann bread?! Might even make way for dessert :)

Chicken is great as its low points so can do lots with it, if you dont fancy my recipie there are stir frys or i even do a mini roast for me with all the trimmings for around 7 points :)

Hope this helps! :)

xx

Glad you like it. Its my fav recipie i always make it when im having a hungry day as its so so filling but you can do it for as little points are you like :) x

Even less points to contend with :-D hope it all goes well. Let me know how it turns out xx

Nikki - Just made the Coq Au Vin for us tonight and garlic mushrooms as a starter (for mum, I had 1 point toast haha)
I split my portion with my sister so it was halved. Worked it out as 7 points each cos I added a few extra's and it was only 3.5 by the time I shared my portion. It was amazing. Everybody loved it.
Thank you so much x

lisi said:
Nikki - Just made the Coq Au Vin for us tonight and garlic mushrooms as a starter (for mum, I had 1 point toast haha)
I split my portion with my sister so it was halved. Worked it out as 7 points each cos I added a few extra's and it was only 3.5 by the time I shared my portion. It was amazing. Everybody loved it.
Thank you so much x

Your welcome chick! Really glad you all enjoyed it. It's so easy to make too isn't it. There you have it a low point (ish) easy meal to prepare to add to your mental recipe book :) xx

Back