Head isn't in the game

NN89

Sexy Member
I had a gain this week of a 1lb, now hand up- I was really good this week up till sunday, where cake..chinese and everything else just took over, and it got completely lost. I know what happened, I went off plan..and didn't draw the line, and just carried on and snowballed.

Now I WANT to have lost that half stone extra by the 25th september, I WANT to have lost 2 stone by christmas and I WANT to have lost all my weight by the time I graduate- yet there is something wrong in my head.

I'm having the problem where I just can't seem to say no, and can't seem to deal with my diet when life starts getting in the way. I'm motivated, i want to do it- but its just doing it thats bringing me down.

Any advice?

I've lost 7lbs already, but I keep having these days where I go completely off and its all my fault yet there seems to be no control, and I need to stop having them!

Well done on your losses so far. :)
Have you been saving some of your points each day & getting some activity points so that if you do want to have a treat you can without going off plan? There is a great list of points for chinese food on the uk lady luck website.
If I'm feeling tempted I get out my skinny jeans & tell myself I will get back into them ;) - I don't know if it would help if you have something visual to motivate you like a photo or item of clothing but it's worked for me so far.
I know it's hard to be good all the time, but the main thing is you have been good for most of the week so put your blow out behind you & start afresh - you can do it :)

I,4 years ago was 18lbs from goal,this year I was 7 stone 8lbs from goal
I lost gained in chunks if 2 stone 12+ stone inbetween because simply I wasn't in the right head place.

I couldn't get past 2 stone, honestly there is a reason why we all can't click in but we have to do real self soul searching. Mine was my sh't life snd me using food to numb it all, so I just said stop gave myself 6 months break ate what I wanted and then got my head in place.
I am along way off target but I take everyday as a new one and it wi be 6 months next week on ww with no day off plan.

You can do it but have to take a long hard look at why food makes you feel better?

lol hun i'm the exact same as you know what you mean, that one food item off plan or track just makes you think ah sod it i've gone off plan so i'll do it full hog and properly! :) i have those days and weeks and also i've those months, i know why i ate loads before, and i still know what triggers me off to eat more on certain days etc now, but hey ho i've always had those issues before i'd eat and eat because of the certain reasons... now a days i eat... but then i stop and get back on form, no one is perfect and every now and again you need to just let your body behave in the way it wants to, as long as you gain control after and carry on with ww and pull it back then it's fine... just don't stop ww altogether, because then it will be starting from the beginning again! :)

life is like poker; your dealt so many **** cards at times... over and over again, and sometimes you feel like your cards are getting better... but then someone else deals another blow... but eventually you get there, your cards are the best and you win.

it's ww hun :) at the start before your ww days you were being dealt cards time and time again that were difficult to do anything with... now your in the middle stage ... your sometimes being dealt great cards.. when you lose... and then your hit with another blow... you need extra food.. and it's a gain at times or sts.. that's just the middle... when you get to goal... you guessed it, that's your winning hand :) keep at it! ... keep bluffing your way through, hiding behid the reasons your doing this and all the crap that's building on top of your rubbish cards.. but soon enough, that crap will still be there, but you've become the best bluffer EVER and you can just smile and hide everything behind that smile... and then you win :) you beat everyone, everyone who has ever made you feel like nothing, everything that's made you feel like you want to eat none stop... you gain control.. it's still there, but you can handle it :)

keep it up! we are getting there just gotta get through a few more badly dealt cards yet.. along with the good ones too ofc ;) then it's our winning hands xxx

Hi, I constantly self sabotage too but I think we do it because somewhere in the back of our minds we think we dont deserve to be slim which is bullshit. I mean, are all the slimmer people out there more deserving of a healthy, happy body, sure they deserve it but so do we. I think if you tell yourself that you deserve to be slim and stop abusing yourself with unhealthy food and really mean it, you will start to do the right things with food. I think my breaking point came when i felt so depressed, lethargic and unhealthy that I knew something had to be done. Im not a bad person, neither are all the people on the forms so the key is to stop treating ourselves badly by gorging on unhealthy food and thinking we deserve no better. There is a life out there waiting for us that doesnt revolve around food alone, we all need to realise that we deserve this happy healthy life, life still may not be easy but through healthy eating and living, we will make things a lot easier on ourselves and be the best we can be. Hope this helps. xx

Candyloss that was a brilliant post and so true. We can all recognise that part of ourselves that makes us feel undeserving, wanting to beat ourselves up for the least slip up, but as you say we are not bad people.
What sometimes helps me is to think 'What would I say to someone else in this situation' as it will always be kinder than the words I say to myself.
Take a deep breath NN89 and launch out again, you can do this and we'll all be cheering when you come back on here to report your progress :)

Just an update guys, I had a STS this week- but this was after a week away, where i'd gone out for a meal everyday etc- and my head was definately better in the game, i realised how much i've changed my food habits that I've come so far.

I'm back home now, and feeling much more in control- I bought myself a pedometer which is boosting me to go walking a bit more and making me think a lot more about my activity and not just food.

Heres to a positive week and a positive september!

Yaaay! Glad to hear that you're back in the zone NN89! The difference a week makes eh? Go for it!!!!! xxx

im in exactly the same position. i just dont know what to do. x

Did you manage to stay away from that takeaway tonight Lauren? If you did, thats something you should give yourself credit for - positivity is the way! If we gave ourself as much praise for the things we do well as we do grief for the things we think we fail at, we wouldnt feel half as bad about ourselves would we? We're so much more than our weight but we never give ourselves a break. Try not to be so hard on yourself and remember that you can only do your best, whatever that is at the moment you're in. Chin up hunny - it'll come if you let it. xxxxxx

Back