Heading off on holiday - see you in two weeks!

Seraphine

Hi all!

I'm away on holiday later this week - we are going on a cruise! While I'm really excited, I'm a little worried about how I'm going to handle eating.

The last few weeks I've had a few cheats - one or two were planned, but a few were really stress driven and I've been quite annoyed with myself after doing so well for so long. I know I'll get back on plan as soon as I get home, but I'm just worried about doing too much damage while I'm gone.

So I'm going to try to stay mainly low carb but not as strict as I am at home. I'm also going to have a few desserts - not every day, but maybe 3-4 in a week if they really look fantastic. I don't want to eat anything unless I'm really happy about eating it! (it has to be worth it, you know?)

So hopefully I won't come back here 10 pounds heavier! I feel a bit like I'm really afraid of falling off the wagon and just going back to all my old bad habits. It's really scary for me, to chance losing control.

Wish me luck!
Seraphine

aw, don't let it spoil your holiday!

if it's serve yourself style at least you can make choices that please you.

go enjoy, and then come back to us, we will help you get back on track!

You have a good time and we'll all see you when you get back love.

Have a great holiday Seraphine.
We'll be here when you get back! :)

Have a fab holiday Sera, bet you surprise yourself how well you'll eat!

Thanks guys!

It feels stupid to worry so much about this, and on other holidays I might not, but on cruises there's just so much food available, all the time. I'm so afraid of eating like I used to.

When I crave high carb things, it tends to be things like sushi (with the rice), and deep fried things with breading or batter. I can see skipping pasta and other rice dishes easily, and the idea of some desserts (merangues, cream cakes, pie) just feel so sweet that I just don't want to eat them. Although I've had an incredible craving for something like chocolate-peanut butter pie, or a really good chocolate cake... I just don't want to have some, lose all control and dignity, and eat the whole thing. And then go looking for cold pizza for breakfast...

I would like to stick to primarily low carb, but have some deep fried thingees (low carb stuff, not things like doughnuts or chips) and the odd dessert, and maybe some sushi too here and there. This is the plan, but lets see how I hold up.

:)

Have a good holiday, don't forget there is usually lots of activities on a cruise - enjoy your food and try and enjoy some extra exercise to offset :D see you when you get back xx

Hey Seraphine I have exactly the same fears and worry that a single carb will having me troughing for the entire holiday (and beyond). Am staying positive, will be a little less strict and then deal with when I come home!

Enjoy your hols and enjoy the lovely food (low carb of course!)

xx

Thanks hon!

Wouldn't you know it - I've been stressing about what I've been eating, and finally had a whoosh on the scale! Down 2 lbs, and I've been fighting with those few pounds for weeks!!!

As of today I've lost 49 pounds - so close to 50 I can taste it! I see my parents on Friday, and would love to be able to say the magic "50" but we'll have to see.

My friend even offered me one of my favourite dinners tonight and I turned it down (Perogies - a Ukrainian dumpling filled with cheese and potatoes, served with fried onions and sour cream... not exactly low carb, it's more like carb-orgy!) I feel a renewed sense of accomplishment so I hope it lasts!

Ooooh, I just love those perogies, the Danes do something similar. Yum Yum, but carby as hell.

have a great holiday and enjoy yourself x

Back