Healthy B - Gluten Free

Hi I am new to this forum but have been doing slimming world on and off for about 3 years.

I have recently been diagnoised as being a Ceoliac. Any great ideas for healthy B on the run?

Any help would be appriciated :)

Cate xx

lilmissgiggles said:
Hi I am new to this forum but have been doing slimming world on and off for about 3 years.

I have recently been diagnoised as being a Ceoliac. Any great ideas for healthy B on the run?

Any help would be appriciated :)

Cate xx

Hi,didn't want to read and run. I know nothing about having Coeliac disease although I've had all the tests and been negative.
Although my new food discovery (yet to try) is Quinoa (said 'keenwah') it's gluten free and free on Green and EE, you can use it as a porridge substitute although it takes a while to cook it can be cooked in advance and then reheated with a little milk and sweetener then stir in fat free yogurt, it's apparently really creamy and some say they prefer it to porridge!

There are soups that are HEB but you'd need to check if they're gluten free, I'm pretty sure some gluten free breads are HEB I seem to remember seeing them.
Of course Extra Virgin Olive Oil is HEB too.

Anyway welcome xxx

These are gluten free and a healthy extra B, to make a normal lunctime sarnie to go:

Dietary specials 50g white ciabatta roll is Gluten and wheat free

2 slices of Juvela fresh fibre bread from a 400g loaf

Thanks the problem with the bread is that it tastes of cardboard :( although not tried the ciabatta so will give that a go :) thank xx

Hi Cate,

I haven't eaten gluten for 9 years now & it does get easier! The gluten free choices available now are really good.

For the healthy extra I usually have 1 slice of genius brown bread. I'm not sure it's in the book but it was in the may/June slimming world magazine as a b choice. I sometimes have gluten free porridge as well. I agree the ciabattas are nice, I've just popped them on my shopping list.

Good luck!

Emma

Hi guys iv just joined sw meeting on Monday , I can't eat gluten and am so glad I can have genius bread as a b ! Yippee:)

I would usually have scrambled egg and bacon cooked with with fry light for breakfast but will try the GF 0ats this week I have done SW before but more determined this time, I find most Gluten Free products are very high in calories!!

Hiya,
I'm a coeliac too! Never met another doing SW!! I have dried fruit for my HEb or porridge with gf oats if you can tolerate.

I would usually have scrambled egg and bacon cooked with with fry light for breakfast but will try the GF 0ats this week I have done SW before but more determined this time, I find most Gluten Free products are very high in calories!!

28g of Hale and Hearty Foods pure gluten free porridge oats are also listed as a HExB

I agree. The Genius bread is nice compared to the other GF brands. But i find i don't each much bread so if i buy Genius it goes off really quickly with it being fresh... I use the whoelgrain free from bread from morrisons. I find it best toasted or if i'm making a sandwich i pop a couple of slices in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds to soften the bread first as it can be pretty much like cardboard. I love warm bread though so this really works for me.

Shelliano said:
I agree. The Genius bread is nice compared to the other GF brands. But i find i don't each much bread so if i buy Genius it goes off really quickly with it being fresh... I use the whoelgrain free from bread from morrisons. I find it best toasted or if i'm making a sandwich i pop a couple of slices in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds to soften the bread first as it can be pretty much like cardboard. I love warm bread though so this really works for me.

Why not freeze it and just take out what you need then there's no waste or keep your bread in the fridge it lasts a lot longer

Hi I'm doing slimming world from home and now trying to cut out as much wheat and dairy as possible, does anyone know if I can have sainsbury's free from soft seeded white rolls as a hex, I know I'll have to cut them down to the right weight as I can tell each one is more than 60g but I was wondering if it's listed?

Many thanks x

Back