Healthy Bargains!!

leighleigh

So I thought it might be an idea to start a thread where we just add cheap, yet healthy food and where we can get it. If there's already a thread on this forum like it, please delete!

So to get the ball rolling...

I couldn't believe it! In Asda, they have a crate of 10 Oranges for £2.50, though when we got to the check out they came through as £2. Definitely going to stock up on those to take back to uni with me =) Some of those oranges are as big as my head!

Edit: Those Oranges are amazing! I don't know whether its just a good crate or what, but I had two in the space of half n hour and they were both huge, juicy and incredibly sweet. Really lovely. Definitely going to get some more...

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Morrisons strawberries are £1 at the moment, they're really tasty ones too :)

Was just going to post about the Morrisons Strawberries, I too can vouch for them, lovely and they are cheap. I also bought a punnet of grapes for 2.00 which is cheap for grapes.

Morrisons have Nakd bars (delicious healthy raw snack bars) for 55p (get the gingerbread and cashew cookie ones!) and/or the trek oat bars (high protein and carbohydrate for those looking to refuel after working out) for 40p! These things normally cost £1.49...well, in Winchester they do anyway. Have stocked up majorly!

Morrisons have Nakd bars (delicious healthy raw snack bars) for 55p (get the gingerbread and cashew cookie ones!) and/or the trek oat bars (high protein and carbohydrate for those looking to refuel after working out) for 40p! These things normally cost £1.49...well, in Winchester they do anyway. Have stocked up majorly!

Haven't heard of them but anything gingerbread flavour gets my vote, how many calories are they?

Haven't heard of them but anything gingerbread flavour gets my vote, how many calories are they?

The gingerbread bars are 157 per bar but they're super filling, I find. The cashew cookie ones are slightly less at 147. Here are the ingredients:

Ginger Bread:
Raw Dates (48%)
Raw Almonds (32%)
Raw Pecans (18%)
Ginger, Cloves and Cinnamon

Cashew Cookie:
Raw Cashews (51%)
Raw Dates (49%)

They're quite high in fat though, but, its good healthy fats. The fat is negligible anyway if you follow a low fat diet - you will still be within a healthy range =)

Here is the website:
Welcome to Natural Balance Foods

The gingerbread bars are 157 per bar but they're super filling, I find. The cashew cookie ones are slightly less at 147. Here are the ingredients:

Ginger Bread:
Raw Dates (48%)
Raw Almonds (32%)
Raw Pecans (18%)
Ginger, Cloves and Cinnamon

Cashew Cookie:
Raw Cashews (51%)
Raw Dates (49%)

They're quite high in fat though, but, its good healthy fats. The fat is negligible anyway if you follow a low fat diet - you will still be within a healthy range =)

Here is the website:
Welcome to Natural Balance Foods

Thanks, I'll look out for them and give them a try. I'm not too worried about the fat, I manage to keep that very low anyway :)

Mullerlights are bogof at tesco :)

Or they're £2 for the multipacks in Sainsburys!

I've got a few...

2kg hand weights, was £6.99, now £2.75 in Tesco - there were some other fitness bits on offer too
Meat free meat style meatballs, 2 packs for £3 in Tesco (160 odd calories for 6 meatballs!)
Light choices meals on offer in Tesco too, Spag Bol was half price, some others £1
Muller lights bogof

In fact, lots of the quorn/meat free things were on offer.

That's all the ones I can remember!

Last edited:
Mullerlight yoghurts are 25p each in Asda at the moment :D

The new muller cheesecake flavour yoghurts are 25p in asda :) I hate yoghurt but these are ok 99 cals and pretty good over a weetibix!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back