Healthy Extras on EE - are they compulsory??

CatherineB

Hi everyone!

I joined Slimming World earlier this week and am totally new to slimming (and this forum), so I have lots of questions at the moment!

I am doing the Extra Easy plan. Can anyone tell me if you HAVE to eat all of your Healthy Extras? (E.g. I am having milk as Healthy Extra A but only using it in my tea so only using about half of the amount, sometimes less...)

I was just wondering if it would hold back my weight loss if I didn't eat/drink the whole portion?

Thanks for your help - I can't wait to hear back from the real experts!

Healthy extras are there to make sure you have certain essential items in your diet - A choices are for fat and calcium, B choices are for fibre.

You can get these from other sources, so if you are doing so I would imagine that it wouldn't matter if you didn't have Healthy Extras.

Calcium is particularly important - you will regret it in later life if you don't get enough now.

Why not splt your HE and have half milk and half cheese?

Thanks for your answers! Splitting the Healthy Extra is a good idea - I might see how that goes. I think I should be covered calcium-wise with yoghurt, although maybe I should just have a night time glass of milk to top up just in case! I've already become quite protective about my portion of milk in a separate jug in the fridge. Woe betide anyone who touches it!
I can't wait until it all becomes second nature :)

Someone asked this question in group today and our consultant says that the HEXs are there for health reasons (calcium, fibre, etc), and even if you were to miss a couple of days, it shouldn't affect your weight loss.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back