Healthy Extras query - Help please x

Tracie Green

Silver Member
Hi all am i right in thinking that i can have 28g of all bran for breakfast, counting as one healthy extra and 2 slices of wholmeal bread as another healthy extra??? or is only one slice one healthy extra and you have to count the other slice????

No, that's right.
2 slices from an 800gm loaf is 1 HEb. But if you use a 400gm loaf, you can have 3 slices.

Doesn't the type of bread you buy determine how many rounds you can have as a HEB? I thought that if you bought, for instance, a large Warburton's wholemeal that 1 slice counted as a HEB and that the 3 slices is if the loaf is a weightwatchers type loaf?

I am doing SW on line and have just had a look and it definitely says as above. You can have 57g of wholemeal bread (which is around 1 slice from a large loaf) or the on line system then lists brands of bread and the 800g loaves say just 1 slice is a HEB, but 3 slices of the WW loaf is a HEB.

Sorry to disappoint you - I love bread and have to be careful how much I eat so I check this out constantly.

Sorry, maybe I'm wrong.
Bread was one of my downfalls, so I only have it once in a while, and use 3 x WW brown danish slices, to make SW sausages rolls. I could have sworn it was 2 slices of a normal brown loaf, but haven't checked for ages, so I'm sorry if I misled anyone.

Hmmm - SW sausage rolls sound nice. How do you make them??

Just what I was thinking. My sausage roll senses pinged when I read sw sausage rolls LOL

As for the bread allowance, I've been having 2 slices of nimble malted danish as 1 HExb. Should I be having 3 slices?

Hi all am i right in thinking that i can have 28g of all bran for breakfast, counting as one healthy extra and 2 slices of wholmeal bread as another healthy extra??? or is only one slice one healthy extra and you have to count the other slice????

it's easier to weigh your bread out - 57g wholemeal.

allbran is 42g i think as it's so high in fibre.

SW SAUSAGE ROLLS

Cook off some Quorn (Or other free) sausages.
Take a slice of a small, brown loaf (I use WW Brown Danish).
Use a rolling pin or coffee jar (!) to flatten your bread. Easier if it's a few days old.
Spread your bread with a laughing cow light/extra light triangle, and a little homemade, SW free, tomato sauce (optional).
Wrap the bread around your sausage, so it resembles a sausage roll.
Wash generously with a beaten egg, and bake for a few minutes, until golden.

This makes a REALLY filling meal, which uses 1 HEb (I use 3 x slices), and is great with wedges, or, if you are really hungry, egg fried rice.
This is another of the meals that hubby can't believe is 'diet' food! lol Honestly, if you think these sound boring or dry, please try them. They are lovely.

For 'homemade ketchup' I do the following. I have seen other recipes which may or may not be nicer, but mine requires NO cooking, and all you need is an empty bottle to shake it up in.

Half fill a 'squeezy' bottle with passatta (I can't remember the make I use, but it's the only one I have found that is salt free). Then add a splash of soy sauce, a pinch of garlic powder, a teaspoon or two of sweetner, and a drop of wouscter(sp!?) sauce. Give it a good shake, and top up with more passatta. Obviously you need to practice to see what mix suits your taste preferences best.
I make this up and keep it in a reused mustard dispenser type bottle. I keep it in the fridge, and it stays fine for ages. I have only once had 'normal' ketchup since doing SW, and I found it sooo synthetic and really quite vile! lol This way I have 'mata sauce' most days, and use no syns in the process.

Hope someone can use one or both of these recipes. I love them!

Jo
x

SW SAUSAGE ROLLS

Cook off some Quorn (Or other free) sausages.
Take a slice of a small, brown loaf (I use WW Brown Danish).
Use a rolling pin or coffee jar (!) to flatten your bread. Easier if it's a few days old.
Spread your bread with a laughing cow light/extra light triangle, and a little homemade, SW free, tomato sauce (optional).
Wrap the bread around your sausage, so it resembles a sausage roll.
Wash generously with a beaten egg, and bake for a few minutes, until golden.

This makes a REALLY filling meal, which uses 1 HEb (I use 3 x slices), and is great with wedges, or, if you are really hungry, egg fried rice.
This is another of the meals that hubby can't believe is 'diet' food! lol Honestly, if you think these sound boring or dry, please try them. They are lovely.

For 'homemade ketchup' I do the following. I have seen other recipes which may or may not be nicer, but mine requires NO cooking, and all you need is an empty bottle to shake it up in.

Half fill a 'squeezy' bottle with passatta (I can't remember the make I use, but it's the only one I have found that is salt free). Then add a splash of soy sauce, a pinch of garlic powder, a teaspoon or two of sweetner, and a drop of wouscter(sp!?) sauce. Give it a good shake, and top up with more passatta. Obviously you need to practice to see what mix suits your taste preferences best.
I make this up and keep it in a reused mustard dispenser type bottle. I keep it in the fridge, and it stays fine for ages. I have only once had 'normal' ketchup since doing SW, and I found it sooo synthetic and really quite vile! lol This way I have 'mata sauce' most days, and use no syns in the process.

Hope someone can use one or both of these recipes. I love them!

Jo
x

Thanks for these recipes, they sound delish. :thankyou:

Thanks for that! I'll have to try them. The tomato sauce sounds great too. Excellent :D

Thanx guys youv saved me from a potential gain!! just ordered hubby to go and get me nimble bread so i can actually have 2 slices for a sandwich everyday!! lol x x xthakoo x

Back