healthy extras

Thanks Laura. It makes more sense now :)

To be honest I'm not 100% convinced that Alpen light bars really do contain a lot of healthy fibres. the strongest thing I can taste is the sweetener! Don't get me wrong I do love them, but if we are talking about being "healthy" by including fibre I'm not sure that Alpen Light would necessary be the most nutritious of the options. At the end of the day I eat them because I need the sugary snack fix, not because I think I'm getting a lot of fibre from them! Any views on this?

yes, I feel the same too; before SW I dont eat much cereal bar, as I find them too sweet (it's basically cereal covered with sugar / other sweetener)

alpen light is less sweet than some other varieties, and I guess it's under 70 calorie, which means snacking on this is way better than snacking on other biscuits / chocolate bars / cakes etc.

I dont always eat my HEAs because im borderline lactose intolerant. So try and eat Veg which has lots of C's at the side x

Well due to my "windy alpen light" problem :p I've been seeking out other HEB's othert than bread.

What I want to know is can you mix & match them?

ie today I had 28g alpen (no added sugar) plus 1 ryvita (even thought it said scan bran.

could I have had 56g of the alpen? and could I have 28g fruit & fibre & 1 weetabix?

xxx

ps I don't think those alpen lights are very good for you & also they're really expensive!

Nope - be careful when splitting HEX's. You can split them but not in the way you suggested.
1 ryvita does not equal 28g of alpen - this is like subsituting something worth 1.5 syns for something of 5 syns (the alpen!)
The ryvita is there to add enough fibre to the alpen to make it a B choice.

You can only split things that are 2 or 4 of... eg 1 weetabix and 1 alpen light for a B choice (instead of 2 weetabix or 2 alpen light) - or things that can be easily halved like 14g of each instead of 28g.

Just be careful!

Oh right, thanks for explaining. I understand it now.

Is it ok to substitute a ryvita for a scan bran? I can't eat scan bran my teeth would break LOL

xxx

I'm not sure! Ryvita are 1.5 syns each, scan bran are a syn each.
Can't see it making too much difference but I like scan so I'd have it!

Hm I'm glad I read this.

I'm finding it really hard to use my syns and HEXs. Not so much because I'm not hungry or like them, I just feel so guilty when I eat certain foods that I don't enjoy them at all. Does anyone else have this problem?? :(

Emily

Just thought id add there was an alpen lite bar in our raffle on thursday and my consultant said if you only have one you have to syn it you can only have it as a hexb if you have 2 !!! Must be because of the fibre content

Back