Original Healthy Option b on Red Day

LKG

Hello,

Hoping for some help.

Just started SW but only online so can't find out information in a group setting.

Wanted to know why there is no rice as a Healthy Option b on a Red day as pasta is there? (I just like rice more than pasta!)

I thought maybe there was a reason for this or that I've just misread the information.

I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks.

But isn't the Option b dried pasta for any type of pasta as in white or brown, and whether it is spaghetti or tagliatelle etc?

What if the rice is wholegrain?

Sorry to ask just you but if it is only the fibre content that is the deciding factor brown rice would have far more fibre than white pasta wouldn't it???

I'll stick with what is written but if anybody can explain I'd still be interested to know.

The HEX B choice on a red/original day is wholemeal pasta only. On a green day you can have any type of dried pasta for free.

Even brown rice does not have enough fibre to count as a B choice, sorry. :)

Thanks for the info.

I've learnt 2 things now. 1) don't eat white pasta on Option b - luckily I eat both brown and white so that should be okay to change. 2) I didn't know that wholegrain rice would be so low in fibre compared to wholemeal pasta.

Disappointed that I can't have rice with Option b :sigh: as I would prefer it over the pasta - will have to use Syns instead.

I normally only have one HEA, so if I fancy rice instead of potato on a red day, I just change over to extra easy. The potato HEB is then replaced by rice that is free on extra easy which means that I'm still having only one HEA and one HEB. (I normally have an HEB at breakfast, either toast or cereal.)

It seems a cheat, but as far as I can make it out, it's still following the plan 100%.

So as long as you only have 1 HEA, just call it an extra easy day and have your rice.

I completely agree with Teresa, if you want rice, just call it an EE day!!

The others are correct though, even brown rice does not have enough fibre to count as a B choice. If you don't want to do EE then have a green day so your rice is unlimited but you have to weigh your meat.

I agree with the above - this is what makes ee so, well, extra easy :)
I usually only use my B choice for bread or cereal, so it suits me much better. You don't have to make the choice between red & green. I find I sometimes miss the portions of cheese you can have on red or green though (as hexa AND hexb, if necessary!)

And to be honest the amount of pasta you're allowed on a red day is soooo small that it seems a waste of a HE!

Back