Healthy Weight

Baby_Cakes

Dave's little girl
Would it be recommended to become a healthy weight before conceiving?

I feel at the moment I am too overweight. I would like to be a BMI of about 22-23. Will being overweight cause complications?

A BMI of under 25 is considered normal, if you can get under that before conceiving it would benefit you and your baby. However I think it only becomes a problem with your midwife/hospital once your BMI is over 30. Good luck with your weight loss and conceiving :) x

Good luck ttc when do you plan to start?

You should be fine as your bmi is only very slightly over into the overweight category, you are miles off of the 'obese' mark of 30 which is when they start worrying a bit more. Remember that plenty of bigger moms have healthy babies with no complications, they just would tend to monitor you closely if you were over the 30 mark as you would be more at risk from gestational diabetes and other complications if were very overweight. I was somewhat hefty during both my pregnancies despite having always been quite thin up until then, but I had no problems.

Baby_Cakes said:
Would it be recommended to become a healthy weight before conceiving?

I feel at the moment I am too overweight. I would like to be a BMI of about 22-23. Will being overweight cause complications?

Bjhn
B hbukjjkjkkjjjjjjbgcddzxffhjhhyggfffyj
Hjbf

Back