Heartburn - help please?

Julz

Silver Member
I have had really bad heartburn for the last 4/5 days in the afternoon until early evening, its driving me mad!
I have a shake for breakfast and either chilli or shepherds pie for lunch, bar at 4 then shake in the evening.

I'm not sure if there is anything I can take? I have tried mint tea, but it does not help.:mad:

Thanks
Jx

I'm suffering at the moment too Julz, just underneath boobs in the soft triangle bit of tummy if that makes sense...

Someone just mentioned to me that it might be gallstones so I'm off to investigate :(

Thanks Julz.

I went to the Dr and had scratched his head for a bit and then said..."hmm, it could be gastric, gallstones, an ulcer, or acid. Take these pills (Omeprazole) and come back if they dont help" :(

It is really painful. Feels like someone is inflating something inside and just when you feel like it cant get any worse and you're about to literally POP it disperses....also accompanied by a rotten headache, dizzyness and nausea.

Obviously everyone else I know is blaming the diet grrr :rolleyes::mad:

Hope you get it diagnosed and sorted soon Twinny.
Quite a few people do experience gall stones after losing a lot of weight.
Apparently they are not caused by doing a vlcd, but they are likely to have been building up for a while, but when the fat in and around the gall bladder goes the stones then they can cause problems.:sigh:

Thanks Julz.

I went to the Dr and had scratched his head for a bit and then said..."hmm, it could be gastric, gallstones, an ulcer, or acid. Take these pills (Omeprazole) and come back if they dont help" :(

It is really painful. Feels like someone is inflating something inside and just when you feel like it cant get any worse and you're about to literally POP it disperses....also accompanied by a rotten headache, dizzyness and nausea.

Obviously everyone else I know is blaming the diet grrr :rolleyes::mad:

I was taking omeprazole before starting LL and stopped as I hoped the heartburn would stop as I had managed to stop the diclofenic - anti inflammatory. Now I'm not sure whether to start taking them again? As always, worried about coming out of ketosis. ??

And yes every little thing that is wrong now is blamed on the diet by people who know I am on it! Which is almost as condescending as when you are fat and the first thing the doctor says is 'well if you lost weight........... yada yada yada!

Still at least we won't have that issue any more!!

I'm having the headache and nausea too, and I seem to have a constant belly ache :cry:

Hope you feel better soon,
Jx

How bad is really painful? I had gall stones last time I did this (had to have it removed after only 4 weeks of rtm). The pain was so bad, if someone had offered to put me out my misery, I'd have said yes. Was nothing like heartburn.

attacks are almost always at night.

So hopefully, you dont have it!

Thanks Julz.

Its easing off a bit now so I dont know if thats the Omperazole working or whether its just run its course and gone away again. Also I've knocked my tabasco sauce habit on the head. Well, not completely but I've cut down the amount I was having. The vegetable soup is so bland without it though and thats the only soup I like.
The pain is definitely not just at night either its spasms and lasts all day. Some of them are literally so sharp that I kind of hold my breath and bend over but then it passes (so i wouldn't want to be put out of my misery if you know what I mean) its just short and sharp.

Im going to just forget about it again now and hope it doesn't come back.

Hope you're feeling a bit better Julz - sounds like you need to steer clear of the Chilli and Shepherds Pie :(

Thanks twinny, glad yours seems a bit under control. Do you drink sparkling water? I do and sometimes with the flavourungs I get terrible wind, wondered if some of yours could be, similar pain.
Tabasco also cut down alot! Seems easier this week, its milk week for me so that may have an impact.
I only like the mushroom soup which I can have without tabasco :(
Ho hum, soon be finished ..... Im about halfway to where I want to be!
Jx

I suffer with heartburn too, but every morning I take pantaloc you can get them in the chemist and I swear by them!!
I think mine is caused by the black coffee as thats very hard on your tummy. Try them!!

I just wish I knew what the pain was??! If it was heartburn then thats fine, I can work out whats causing it a deal with it. Although I haven't got it at the moment its one of those pains that you just dont forget. People have said it sounds like wind but it lasts for days and none of the wind remedies (windeze etc) touch it. In fact, no pain killers do at all.

I drink sparkling water but not with any of the flavourings, just plain. A few black coffees and thats about it.

Mine seems to have abated this week luckily with milk week, also I have changed the time I eat. I had been having shepherds pie/chilli at work for lunchtime four days a week, then going out for a walk. So now I go for a walk first, not sure if that is having an effect. Then mostly shakes the rest of the time, hope it stays away next week when I'm off milk week.

Hope yours settles down Twinny, have you been back to your GP?
Jx

Back