heartburn

slimmeplease

im on day 7 of cd ss and have been 100%, i am suffering from really bad heartburn though, dont know if i can take any heartburn remedies so am just chewing some sugar free mint gum(i know its not allowed but also that some people chew then spit it out). does anyone else suffer from heartburn on cd xxx

Hiya

Yes I did get heartburn when I first went on SS but it got better the more I trimmed down.

Sure a CDC wil be along to recommend current guidance but for me time was the answer!

Mike

Fresh mint in hot water helped me loads when I got heart burn x

thanks you two, ill try some fresh mint, nice to know it will go away in time though thanks x

iv suffered with it for years and also when i started on SS, i used to drink a glass of water or peppermint tea, now i dont really suffer even tho im on 1200 plan so eating properly, must be the loss of weight which helps

Yes, I get it too. I am prescribed Omeprazole for my heartburn generally, but it stopped when I started CD, however it has now started again. I suppose the stomach takes a while to adjust to the amount of acid it needs to produce to process the small portions we are on now. From what the others have said, it settles down eventually. I can't imagine a Gavilast every now and then would cause a problem, especially since my prescribed stuff doesn't!

i have acid reflux and am also on omeprazole. on a bad day when thats just not cutting it i also take ranitadine and the calcium carbonate tablets ( rennie type but check labels, fruity ones have citric acid in em ) having a bit of a shake often helps heart burn for me, gives my stomach something to work on thou i reflux shakes anyway

Back