Heartburn?

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
Days 8 & 9 I've had horrible heartburn and now tonight I feel nauseous :-( I've been drinking at least 2-3 litres plain water a day so I'm not sure why. I used to get heartburn when pigging out but that's hardly the case now! Not sure what to do, I barely stomached my dinner shake :-(

Hey Kerry, I have had the odd bout of heartburn as well, couple of weeks into the diet. It was quite mild and went away again on its own. Do you drink a lot of black coffee or peppermint teas? or black tea even? I know that many people with sensitive stomachs struggle with these, especially seeing as on this diet your stomach is quite empty most of the time.

Hey Kerry, I have had the odd bout of heartburn as well, couple of weeks into the diet. It was quite mild and went away again on its own. Do you drink a lot of black coffee or peppermint teas? or black tea even? I know that many people with sensitive stomachs struggle with these, especially seeing as on this diet your stomach is quite empty most of the time.

Thanks BeeBeeSee, I did drink more black tea than usual yesterday. The heartburn did go away with a couple of Rennie's but then I panicked about what might be in them! (but my little ketostix was even more dark pink today so I guess it didn't do any harm!) I will stick to just water today. xxx

Yep drink plenty of water and not too much tea or coffee hopefully that will help! =)

I have a strange reaction to black tea, or even tea with milk. Drinking it on an empty stomach, within minutes I feel so nauseous I could seriously throw up. Doesn't happen when I have it after food. So on this diet now I'm steering clear of tea, can't really handle it. Quite odd though that black coffee doesn't really affect me.

I'm sitting here with a pitcher of water on my desk and told everyone to not make me tea (please and thank you) Do feel better for it already today. I find it so much easier to drink plenty of water at home though, a busy office & warehouse aren't really ideal for sipping glasses of water - keep having to remind myself to go and take a few big glugs - maybe I'll get used to it!

I'm sure you will get used to it Kerry. I take a two litre bottle of water into the office with me every day and drink one whole glass at a time, spread across the day. And I don't even notice but by the time I'm going home it's empty :) Start off with a pint first thing in the morning (pint of WATER hehe) and as soon as I get in the door from work I have another one. And that's more than 3 litres taken care off. It's a routine like everything else and I'm sure you'll get into it. Do you drive to work? Could you have a couple of bottles of water in the car and set the goal of drinking one on the way to work and one on the way home?

I have a litre bottle and keep filling it up at our water cooler as soon as it's finished and before I know it I've filled it like 4 times! I find it easier to drink water in work than I do at home aswell!

Wow Chelly, four litres!! That's amazing. I must say I struggle when I'm out and about to actually drink that much. End up having to make up for it in the evenings and have considered moving my bed into the bathroom to make the journey shorter.

Wow Chelly, four litres!! That's amazing. I must say I struggle when I'm out and about to actually drink that much. End up having to make up for it in the evenings and have considered moving my bed into the bathroom to make the journey shorter.
Ha ha ha! That made me laugh! I wasn't going to mention the all too frequent trips to the loo these days! In a business suit, and a teensy cubicle work toilet, half a dozen visits a day is a real pain in the tights!!!

Kerry, I can imagine! Used to be in a similar working environment several moons ago and I always had to link yourself out of the telephone system so that a colleague would pick up my calls when I was away from my desk. And it was a fair walk to the toilets so I was always gone for at least 5 minutes even when I was hurrying like mad.
The only colleague who ever complained about my frequent abscences was a smoker....well I told him so long as he covered my toilet breaks, I'd cover his fag breaks :cool:

Back