HeB help please?!

Mrs V

Loves Life!
Hi all. I bought myself some Puffed wheat the other day (havent had these for years!) and really fancied them.
Now I know that you are supposed to have 28g of Puffed wheat and 2 Oat/scan bran as a HeB.
I dont like scan bran and as I dont go to class dont fancy going to a Health food shop to get something that will probably gather dust at the back of a cupboard.
So.....can I use 2 Rivita originals instead???

I don't think so hun. Scan bran are half a syn each and ryvita are one and a half each so you'd be over by 2 syns. xx

Awww...so in that case, could I just have the puffed wheat and not have the scan bran??

I would, but you know me, I'm not one to strictly follow the rules!! I often forget to have my scan with my porridge and if following properly they say you should then syn the porridge if you don't have the scan. Durr, it's half a flippin syn!!! I'd just have your puffed wheat and s*d the scan!!!

I would, but you know me, I'm not one to strictly follow the rules!! I often forget to have my scan with my porridge and if following properly they say you should then syn the porridge if you don't have the scan. Durr, it's half a flippin syn!!! I'd just have your puffed wheat and s*d the scan!!!

Must admit I do the same and it doesn't seem to adversely affect my weight loss.

According to the rules, if you don't have the scan bran then you shouldn't count it as a HEb. I don't think it is weight-loss related (hence it not affecting weigh in results) but it means you're not getting the required amount of fibre (or whatever it is), and that is the reason for the HEa's and HEb's - to ensure you get the right amount of other nutrients that by otherwise following the diet you wouldn't get.

To be strict and to the rule, imo you could still have the puffed wheat, but would have to syn it, and find something else to be your HEb.

But, as has been stated, you can do what you like lol :)

Lol....hmmm...when I used to eat it before I never had the scan bran then and it didnt seem to effect my losses, but I do want to play by the rules...hmmm...will have a think! Lol

I put my scan bran in a cup, add a little hot water, mush, add an Options sachet and a spoon of sweetner, mush again and add a drop more water, stir, and microwave for 2 minutes.

Scan bran cake in a mug, gone in 2 mins. It's not fab, but makes the scan bran go down better. I do love my puffed wheat like you! xx

Lol...thanks for the tip Hun...may have to invest in some scan bran before I succumb to the unopened puffed wheat in my cupboard!!

Back