Hell this is tough! Any tips on getting through this first week (again!)

minirog

Silver Member
Only on day 2 and have been crying like a baby!

I have had a hard day in work and my usual response is to comfort and/or reward myself with food. No chance of that on this diet!

Any tips on getting through the first week?

You just have to soldier on I'm afraid and in a day or two everything will be grand.

Try green tea, or just plain hot water. Keep as distracted as you can. Go late night shopping, don't have to spend anything! Brush your teeth as that helps you not want to eat and get to bed early! This is a bit rich coming from me because I can't get back into SS or SS+ although I have maintained the stone I lost since December but I struggling to get back to CWP.

If you have completed 2 day and you get through day 3 you will hopefully be in ketosis soon and that will help too. Keep reminding yourself your reasons for doign this and read diaries and look at the successes of the before and afters. Wishing you all the best!!

Peppermint green tea is also good.
Nice hot bath? Paint your nails?

Week 1 does suck, but just think, only a few more days till wi, and then you've got a nice loss to keep you motivated.

I'm reading a book on and of at the moment and that's a good distraction.

You can do it!

I have now done four days, it does get better and I weighed myself to see 7.25lbs off!! That is motivation for me. Drink the water and keep yourself busy. I find having a shower and brushing teeth works for me. Early nights as well as shattered at the moment.

You can do it!!!!!

hello there am also new x on day 4 with 4 stone to lose. am just soo focused on the slim me crying to come out. but totally get the wanting to cry as the food we eat often comfort ? well is for me x good luck and rooting for u! wherever u are, i am doing this too so ther s someone else out there feeling u xx mentally focus on whatever size u want to be when sooo tempted is working for me... and reading listeing to music etc

Distraction by pampering reading anything to take your mind off food. Perhaps do SS+ until you are ketotic so you have a little food to eat and look forward to something.

I'm on day 1 and already want to cry so I probably wont be much help lol! I do find though that the laptop is the best distraction! your hands are busy typing and the time passes by really quickly! this evening I have sorted the kids underwear & pj drawers out, done some ironing, painted my nails & been to see my mum for a cup of (black) tea! It has all distracted me from food and I feel really good that I've managed to get so much done in 1 evening when normally I'd just come home from work and collapse onto the sofa! Focus on that weigh in, 5 days to go then you will have a fantastic loss xxxx

Hi all.
I threw my teddy in the corner on day 2 over some flippant remark my daughter made. Now on day 4 and a sneaky look on the scales tells me I've lost over 4lbs....now in ketosis. All the advice from the other ladies is great..and works! keep your chin up and stay strong

Thanks guys. It's so great to know that I am not alone and that other people are doing this too!

Sorry it took a while to reply. I fell asleep, which was actually just what I needed :)

I have one more pack to have today and I think I'm going to make it a porridge so it feels a bit more like food.

Do you get into Ketosis as quick if you have the 80g of chicken a day or not? I just did it SS last time.

Thanks and hugs and good lucks to all of you too xx

No difference in doing SS+ and if it is what you need until you are in ketosis go for it. :D

wow u lost 32 pounds in your first month? that is staggering!! well done !! am on day five of the second time on the diet - hard today - why is this ? anyway guess just got to get thru it and think off size 10! got 4 stone to lose x yesterday and day before - no prob but today is hell!

My worst days are day 6-7 when stepping back into ketosis once there it is fine just gotta grin and bear it unfortunately. I think my losses are so high at the beginning cos I have lots to lose.

Back