hello again- i'm new here, any tips??

Sam1309

Silver Member
well hello, my name is Sam i'm 23.

i lost 3 stone or so 2 year ago doing low carb diet (not no carb, just replacing what carbs i could and still eating healthy)

however it has crept back on, my daughter is 4 weeks old and i have no idea what i weigh, will go and see in a minute.

i've decided to do slimming world as it seems to be a lot easier to fit into life than WW which i have previously done. before pregnancy i weighed 118kg (and funnily before i lost the weight i was 118 as well)

i'm not overly worried about weight but would like to be a size 14, i am currently wearing 22 jeans.

anybody any tips for sucess??

so i now weigh 281.2 lb

eeeeek

Are you going to group or planning to do online or on your own at home? My advice would be to go to group. I found the support available and the friendships I made so helpful.

Top Tips:

Plan, plan, plan! Have a look through some SW recipies and try and come up with a weekly menu, then you can come up with your shopping list. If the only food you have in the house is only there to make SW meals then you won't have the opportunity to go off plan.

Sugar free jelly is your best friend for sweet treats!

Perservere with Quark. I hated it to begin with and now have it in loads of stuff!

Always measure you Healthy Extras. Judging by eye is not acceptable.

Stuff your face with as much fruit and veg as you can manage!

Always have fruit tea bags in your hand bag. That way when your round at a friends and they only have whole milk you can ask for a fruit tea.

Apply the above to sweetner tablets in your bag too.

Make a big batch of free soup and keep it in the fridge. When you feel peckish warm up a mug full. This will stop you reaching for unhealty snacks.

Work out the syns of things BEFORE you eat them! If you don't know it's syn value don't eat it.

To help with the above if something has no free food in it you can follow the rule of thumb 20cals = 1 syn.

Hope some of these help. Best of luck! xx

Hi and :welcome2:

The main thing is to stick to whichever plan you're on with SW as it really does work. It's been going over 40 years with fantastic results! :happy036:

Another thing...don't get too disheartened if you gain a pound or two occasionally...it happens!! Just keep at it and you will see weight coming off. :scale:

Slimming World is about lifestyle changes not just weight loss. Have a look at some of the delicious food in the Recipes section and marvel at how such yummy dishes could help with weight loss...and they do! :drool:

The support you will get on this forum is amazing. We're all here for the same thing on our weight loss journeys...some have further to go than others and some fall off the wagon a time or two but the support is there regardless to help you get back on track. :needhug:

As you can guess...I love it!!! Good luck on your journey! ;)

Definitely agree with what has been said so far.

I would say don't feel into the trap of thinking because you are following a "diet" you have to feel hungry or should be eating 90% salad! Lots of people worry about eating too much but I would say eat all your syns and enjoy it. If you have favourite meals, still have them but in a SW friendly way.

Another thing that has really helped me is having digital kitchen scales which are really easy to weigh out stuff in, and measuring cups.

Use the recipe section and syns section to find yummy things you'll enjoy!

Good luck :)

i plan on going to a group next week but am spending this week getting my head around things sorting out shopping lists, finding the syns out of what i have in the cupboard, as well as getting into a routine.

at the min i am snacking on yogurts mostly as they are quick and easy, my little girl isn;t too happy about being put down when i am hungry so i need something that is fast and easy.

how do i find out the syn value of colemans packets?

well i'm loving slimming world, in my first week i lost 6lb! very very pleased with that what a great loss

If you follow the plan you should not feel hungry. You need to eat until you are satisfied remembering if you're following EE to fill 1/3 of your plate with superfree food. Drink plenty of water too as we often feel like we're hungry when in fact it's thirst.

Back