Hello again. Starting ...again.lol

Welcome back & good luck Xx

Thank you to all the supportive posts -it's why we come on here right?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Hey BR, how's it going? You on day 7 now then? Well done.:D Reconceiving the renassiance(sp) sounds very complicated, is it?

Talking of spelling and grammer, I have it when people are proliferate with their apostrophes. e.g. how manys day's til tues? I've learned to live with it though lol. English was my fave subject at school but noticed my spelling has gotten worse since I left. I used to want to teach it when I was 14 then I caught myself on...all the old guff teachers have to take, no ta.:D

Hey BR, how's it going? You on day 7 now then? Well done.:D Reconceiving the renassiance(sp) sounds very complicated, is it?

Talking of spelling and grammer, I have it when people are proliferate with their apostrophes. e.g. how manys day's til tues? I've learned to live with it though lol. English was my fave subject at school but noticed my spelling has gotten worse since I left. I used to want to teach it when I was 14 then I caught myself on...all the old guff teachers have to take, no ta.:D

LOL -yeah. apostrophes are a tricky one lol. I do plan to teach English funnily enough. ANd my own spelling has suffered since the advent of spell check and text speak -grrrrr.
The Renaissance MA is probably going to kill me but I'm soooo excited about it. I think it's basically looking at Renaissance texts from modern perspectives. I'm hoping to do a 'Shakespeare at the Movies' module so we'll be looking at modern interpretations and the whole spectacle of Shakespeare in recent times.
It should be amazing -I'm really excited (NERD ALERT!!)

Yip! Day 7, going great guns, beating the water into me and coming on here when I need. How are you getting on?:)

LOL -yeah. apostrophes are a tricky one lol. I do plan to teach English funnily enough. ANd my own spelling has suffered since the advent of spell check and text speak -grrrrr.
The Renaissance MA is probably going to kill me but I'm soooo excited about it. I think it's basically looking at Renaissance texts from modern perspectives. I'm hoping to do a 'Shakespeare at the Movies' module so we'll be looking at modern interpretations and the whole spectacle of Shakespeare in recent times.
It should be amazing -I'm really excited (NERD ALERT!!)

Yip! Day 7, going great guns, beating the water into me and coming on here when I need. How are you getting on?:)

Nah, if you can cope with LT you can cope with anything.;) Sounds kinda cool. Me, I'm still faffing around, the only thing I have stuck with is going to my OA meetings. I am working on getting my head into gear though which is vital.

Text talk argh!!
my pet hate also
but i can't spell very well have no sense of grammer i get by teach art have a degree also but would never resort to text talk argh
Any way well done you all i'm only on second week it is hard ..it's not easy but it will pay off after all its still cheaper than gastric band ect
good luck to you both 2nd 3rd 4th timers everywhere ..
debz x

I bought mine on the net again :eek:

190 quid for 4 weeks worth of female choc shakes inc free postage.

I know I shouldn't but hey... it's quick, convenient, comparatively the same price plus I don't have to go & get weighed etc. I know what I've got to do & I just crack on with it.

I know I will get tutted at but I'm a typical bloke, I don't ask for directions, I never read instructions & can't be told :D
Thats really expensive! I would only pay £144 quid from my chemist. You've bin robbed!

No Nenya - £144 for women is correct but for men using 4 a day of the womens packs, which my Chemist does and many others it seems, it costs £192 per month! So £190 is actually a few pounds cheaper :)

No Nenya - £144 for women is correct but for men using 4 a day of the womens packs, which my Chemist does and many others it seems, it costs £192 per month! So £190 is actually a few pounds cheaper :)

Wow, so they stick the arm into blokes who prefer 4 shakes a day too? :eek::eek:

Hi... it was 84 female shakes for 190 quid so I am getting shafted an extra tenner a week but to me it's worth it for the convenience & no hassle of having them delivered to my door with no formal WIs (I'm a busy lad).

I'm on 3 female shakes a day at the mo although I have substituted one shake for a Celebrity Slim soup the past two nights (I had some left over from the beginning part of the year when I played with it for a while)... the packs are nutritienally comparable with 220 cals vs female LT @ 147 (or summat)... it's got slightly more carbs (24 vs LT's 17) :)

Also if anyone wants a comparision - Celebrity Slim shakes are much less filling than LT (LT feels much more like a 'meal') whereas the Celebrity Soup is gorgeous... not quite Heinz tomato standard but a lot better than the LT soup... if anyone wants to buy to try Rowlands Pharmacy do them in packs or individually :)

Or Medicare chemists in NI. :D And I agree HD, the celebrity slim shakes are nowhere near as filling!

BlackRose...glad to see you on day 5...i'm starting back on it again Wednesday...i've been on slimming world but I only like green days and the carbs are killing me lol Can't wait to get back on this,glad to see you're doing well so far

BlackRose...glad to see you on day 5...i'm starting back on it again Wednesday...i've been on slimming world but I only like green days and the carbs are killing me lol Can't wait to get back on this,glad to see you're doing well so far

Thanks so much CR -it's day 8 now and going strong, feeling lighter and more energetic so I just gotta keep on keeping on! :D Good luck for wednesday and don't forget to use the forum if you need it I LOVE it here, lol

Good luck to you all honey's. We'll crack the 'skinny' scales at this rate!!!!!

Back