Hello all- and help needed!

Been avidly reading this forum for months now, and it's been a great help as I can't go to meetings (i'm a flight attendant long haul and I have the craziest schedules week in week out!) so, i've been following sw in the magazine and all the info a friend gave me. Been filling in the food diarys as well.

Up to 4 weeks ago, all was good. I was loosing 1lb a week, which i was more than happy with as I wasn't that heavy when I started (11st). I'm now 10st 2 with a target of 9st 7lbs, and for the life of me I can't shift any more weight! so, desperate not to loose heart and stay determined (which trust me, on stop-overs when you eat at nice restaurants, buffet breakfasts etc is very difficult!) i've been sticking to the diet so determinedly- i will get the last 7lbs off! Before, I went running/swimming twice a week. I've now stepped that up to 4/5 times a week in an attempt to get off this 10st2. I eat my healthy extras each day- I am correct in thinking we have 2 from a and 2 from b each day right? (of course correlating to red or green) my a's will be skimmed milk(full allowance) and low fat cheese (although this is more a sprinkling than a whole serving!) and my 2 b's are porridge+1 ryvita and 2 x ryvita. I have mostly green days (1/2 red days per week) as i dont really like meat and the're so inflexible! My portion sizes on free food are quite large though... (well, it fills a normal dinner plate-no second helpings). As for syns, i'm very strict with them and record them every day- they usually total about 7-9 a day and are made up of 14g of chocolate buttons and then a few in sw recipes like stock etc, pureed fruit, raisins.

Is this the dreaded plateau everyone talks about? once I shift past this weight- will every lb be this difficult to come off? Why is it happening? What can I do to get lower weight again? am I doing something wrong?

I know its possible to loose more- as i read sw success stories all the time where people have down to a lot lighter! I'm just feeling disheartened as i've been trying so hard!

any feedback would be great- and thankyou all so much, not just for this, but all your previous posts!

x x x

Hi there. Firstly welcome!
You say that you dont have your whole amount of cheese, does this mean that you are "guesstimating" the weight? If so, then if you are not weighing it out, then you are actually having them as syns and not as a HEA or HEB.
I know with your job, choosing things to suit are difficult, but try and vary the a's and b's that you are having, as your body can get used to them.
Also, if you are having syn free foods and fancy a second helping, then go for it! Dont feel that you have to restrict what you are eating and if its free then fill your boots!
I hope this helps?!

Kerry-Ann

Heya! wow- quick reply! thankyou so much!
well, i've been measuring out my HEa skimmed milk, but when it comes to the low fat cheese for HEb, I usually have it with an omelette, but really don't need all that much (guess i'm using 10g) about 1 tbsp grated.-i've just been counting it as a HEa even though its 1/4 of the portion! Do I have to have 4 HEs a day? my cereal HEb is weighed, and my ryvitas are counted out the night before. I will try and vary them though as i've just stuck to them for convenience!
have a nice day!
x x x

No probs Huni....right...yes, you can have 2 HeA and 2 HeB's a day if you want them. Im a bit old school, so I tend to stick to just the one HeA and 2 HeB, but its entirely up to you and will not effect your weight loss.
Have you also had a look at the food diary section?? There may be some ideas there for meal planning to help you.
Good luck and I forgot to say...well done on your weight loss so far!

Another thing to look at when you plateau is upping your speed foods, and also making sure you vary your diet (if you aren't already). I know that I can tend to stay the same when I get stuck in a rut with my food :) I also don't do as well when doing mostly green days and need to switch between red/green/EE to keep the weight coming off. Good luck hon, sounds like you have great willpower to have done this all on your own!!!

x

Here is a list of speed and ss foods

Alfalfa sprouts
Apples
Apricots
Asparagus
Aubergine
Babaco
Baby whole sweetcorn
Baked beans
Bamboo shoots
Bass